Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
You forgot to link the old OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

ATTN CAPCOM:

You see this poo poo right here? THIS IS NOT OKAY.

It's almost comforting on some level, knowing that with all these new changes at least one thing remains concrete.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

MinibarMatchman posted:

yeah but isn't most of that poo poo just stuff tested in the lab? it's not like every single thing he CAN do will actually be viable against everyone.

That's true, but that wasn't exactly a particularly difficult combo for a lot of strong players, and I think it was more to just showcase his damage. We already know that maximum wesker does ~400k before scaling if you mash, so even spending one more meter will greatly increase that combo's damage.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dren posted:

Hey do 24 hour walmarts sell games at midnight?

My local Meijers, which is basically a slightly nicer walmart, said they're going to sell it promptly at midnight, so there ya go.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Haha, Skrull's "A human martial artist! How quaint."

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yo no one has really been talking Task yet, but I gotta say the web swing xx arrows change is the most fun I've had in this game. You can do so many web swings and arrows in a single relatively-easy combo (probably stupidly-easy if someone as bad as me can figure them out without someone making a video), it's a blast. I miss the damage, but at least Task is still fun as gently caress.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yeah my experiences are the same. It's probably better but it's by no definition good. Maybe if you live in Cali/NY and have a billion people to play against who might be two floors down in your apartment complex or something you'll have better luck.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Speaking of glitches, is my copy of the game hosed or does Strange say "Daggers of Danak!" shortly after saying "Astral Magic!!" when you activate his level 3? It's the weirdest thing.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

kaujot posted:

Oh hey, Combofiend and Fanatiq ran a set.

I really want to see Combo keep Nemesis, but I have a feeling he'll drop him after a month. The character just looks too easy to blow up, and he doesn't have a hulk H as far as I know.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I have absolutely no idea how you can use Wright as an anchor with no evidence.

I'm more confused about how he claims he has the Nicks but Sentinel is nowhere to be found.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The KoRn Identity posted:

now you have to pay for Blue taskmaster...hosed Up.

Fortunately default Taskmaster is still the coolest, and leagues better than Udon task.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dodgeball posted:

Maybe I'm silly, but where's heroes vs. heralds located? Can't seem to find that mode.

It isn't out yet.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Poco posted:

I was told Wolverine lost a ton of viability in UMvC3 because Berserker Slash lost its invincibility. Has it affected him that much, or is he still able to rushdown?

He's not the superman he was before, but he still has his damage and some good mix-ups, and is piss-easy to play. Dante loves drones assist too, so that's another option.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That man was obviously not being sarcastic in the least

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If you don't taunt every time you win a ranked match online then I just don't know what to say to you.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Acceptable alternatives include tea-bagging and using a really long super.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

InnercityGriot posted:

Combofiend looks like he's in the process of dropping Nemesis. :(

I'm not surprised in the least. Every single match he played it was just him getting opened up instantly because his super armor kicks in so late for his moves that have it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Seizure Robot posted:

I'm honestly surprised Marn took any games after watching his Vergil "combos." Looks like he didn't get much/any training room time in before that set.

It's because Combofiend was using Nemesis.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
In one of the Running Sets videos they say it's omni-directional and can hit multiple places on the screen at once, but I'm not sure if that's actually the case (as in, if it will hit an assist that is nowhere near the point character).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Revitalized posted:

Thor still has better health I thought.

And I thought Nemesis can wavedash.

Yeah Thor has the most, Nemesis actually only sits at 1.1m I think. A long time ago he was supposed to have 1.3m but they changed that pretty early on.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

f1av0r posted:

The biggest flaw is he's going to destroyed by anyone who isn't retarded. Just call out any super with instant start up -> xfactor super again. You just killed both characters GG. Or you can just Xfactor cancel the ghost rider hit and block dead pool and kill him. Either way it would only work once or twice before anyone who can adapt between matches would destroyed it

How is that any different from any time someone calls an assist when the opponent isn't in block stun? I don't really see people getting immediately blown up every time they call taskmaster or sentinel to provide some cover for getting in from across the screen.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Waverhouse posted:

So what exactly am I supposed to do against a Hawkeye/Task/<> Team? Stay at range and they can beat anyone, get in close and well whaddaya know, they have an excellent way to fight hand to hand. They can keep at range AND combo your face off. This is good. This was a good idea. I only have Skrull as a teleporter on my team and his options are pretty limited teleport wise.
What's the rest of your team?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Another funny Hawkeye thing is that net arrow (or is it "dead arrow"?) blows up a lot of weird stuff, like Nemesis' super armor hyper. Stops them dead in their tracks. Probably works on other things I haven't seen yet.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jmcrofts posted:

Cue a thousand fanboys crying "WHY ISN'T THIS CHARACTER PLAYABLE"

e: on topic, is h&h playable online as well as locally? It actually sounds pretty fun, I wanna try it with my friends.

You can do both, yeah.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Wave dashing is when you dash (generally done by pressing two attack buttons at the same time) and then cancel the dash by hitting Down, and then dashing again and cancelling again, etc etc. Generally it makes a character move significantly faster on the ground, but some characters can't do it at all (Hulk, others I don't feel like finding out).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The purpose of Hard Kick is for there to be a move that forces the voice actor to say "Hard Kick!!" all dramatically and stuff.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Sentinel probably makes a stronger anchor than Nemesis too so maybe do GR/Nemesis/Sent.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Captain Corduroy posted:

What's the deal with Nova's rocket punch super? It seems like it does dismal damage. I don't have the New Testament yet so I haven't been able to verify.

You can press a button and a direction and then it hits again (and again, if you so desire). It also goes through pretty much any projectile.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Zero loves drones assist so maybe try Sentinel.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jmcrofts posted:

E: Don't worry about the overall health of your team. Low-health characters die fast but they make up for it in other ways. I'd much rather have a team of firebrand/strider/akuma than Tron/Thor/Nemesis.

That's true, but as someone who has picked up fighting games very recently (vanilla MvC3 was my first game since playing GGXX super casually on the PS2), the extra health of certain characters is really helpful for padding mistakes. Not to mention that low health characters also tend to require lots of game knowledge comparatively and have higher execution requirements. Taskmaster and Spencer's health helped me a bunch in vanilla, in addition to easy, high-damage BnBs.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Steve is entertaining, but he isn't really insightful like Yipes is. I mean he's not stupid, but his game knowledge just isn't there to do both color and play-by-play rolled into one like Yipes does if you actually listen to what he says instead of just laughing at his catchphrases.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The Rokstar posted:

This. UltraDavid seems like an alright guy, but James and Steve is a 100000000000% better commentary team than James and UltraDavid.

One of these days I hope we get to see Steve paired with Zhi on commentary. :allears:

Yeah the problem is that neither Chen nor David are color (though I'm sure some people would disagree), and their knowledge isn't really that far up there, for MvC at least.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Cinroth posted:

I don't really like UD either because whenever he commentates his tone of voice is like, anti-hype. I can't describe it any other way. Then again my fav commentator is actually spooky so what the hell do I know right!!

It's ok, Spooky and MegamanSteve are my favorites.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yeah taskmaster is a great character, but not so much as an anchor.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Niddhogg posted:

Why the gently caress does Hawkeye have a slide kick?

More importantly, why didn't Taskmaster steal it?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm glad he's nerfed.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Broken Loose posted:

Sounds to me like Phoenix Wright is unfun and lame all around!

But dude, didn't you ever play his games? Those were fun. That means he's the most important character to make good.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fereydun posted:

Buff Taskmaster

if you don't agree you're a Hitler

I'm genuinely surprised he doesn't have a level 3 that copies his opponents' or something like that. He certainly doesn't need it but I'm still shocked.

Dark Tony Rises.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Let's all practice Love and Respect for each others opinions about Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on these, the Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Thundercracker posted:

It's superior psychology.

Sure wish I had that Wongbuster Armor right about now. - Tony Stark

• Locked thread