Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
It's really easy to come up with Frank combos that build you up to level 4 without THC if you use a proper assist and know the properties of his moves. Dante and Frank combos share some similarities in that there are ways to combo into hard knockdown moves into an otg+assist into another hard knockdown and repeat as necessary using your assists/bounces. The combo I use to build to level 4 for my team (Frank Cart/Dante Jam Session/Doom Missiles) is:

LMH d+H S, j.MMH xx qcf+H (ground bounce), land, d+H+call Doom, S, j.MMHS, (missiles hit otg) j.H j.d+H (hard knockdown), call Dante, qcf+S (otg, level up to 3), qcf+S (level up to 4) xx qcb+PP (if you want).

It does decent damage and again, gets you to level 4. Landing that initial hit is a pain if they're half decent with their assists. Try and catch one of their moves with a slide or something. I think qcb+L zombie giant swing is safe on block? Don't quote me on that...

Here's my week 1 level 4/5 Frank corner combo for funsies:

c.L s.M c.M s.H c.H S, j.MMH xx qcf+L, j.M xx qcf+L, j.S (hard knockdown), dp+H(otg)+call Dante, S, j.S (hard knockdown), falling qcf+H (otg, ground bounce), step back, qcf+M (wall bounce), dp+M (hard knockdown), dp+H (otg) xx qcb+PP

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Nov 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

The Rokstar posted:

I agree with this. I've been looking around at other Youtube videos for other team building ideas and it seems like most of the level 4 meterless combos I see have him spamming that qcf+L move in the air, which doesn't even work except against larger characters. I guess that's a trial mode combo or something, but it's completely impractical (like most trial mode combos).

It's not that bad provided you are high enough that you can follow it up but not too high that they just fall out after one hit from the plunger.

They changed the hitstun properties of Dante's Wild Stomp :( I can't make my Frank combo into an annoyingly long Frank+Dante combo :negative: On that note, Frank+Dante is a pretty good combination. Not quite BFFs but still really good.

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Nov 17, 2011

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

counterspin posted:

So I've been doing Dr. Strange missions, and I got to 7. It's a really basic lmhsmmhs, but then you do m daggers of danak, followed by the yellow pillar. Because daggers has such a delay, I can't figure out quite what I'm supposed to be doing. Does daggers hit on the ground? Is it set up to hit them after pillar hits? Am I doing daggers in the air? drat I wish there was a video replay, because the move list is failing to tell me what to do.

Do the j. S as late as you can, then do the daggers and immediately cancel to super as soon as they're out. The super hits otg and the daggers will track to the opponent in midair.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

FSLink posted:

Speaking of bnbs for Dante, anybody have some good ones for him? I've practiced the ones in the Brady guide but that's about it. And any tips for Stinger->BC->Teleport? I can't seem to get it consistently.

f+H, instant down+attack+S, then do down+S very very slightly after the stinger connects. Otherwise you'll teleport too early and will end up too high or too far.

The basic Dante BNB is (in the corner): LMH f+H BC Volcano, j.H xx air play, j.H (land) H xx Wild Stomp xx Prop Shredder, super jump, Hammer, (land) Wild Stomp xx Stinger xx Bold Move into Hammer, (land) Volcano xx Beehive, Jet Stream xx Fireworks xx Super. Midscreen, you want to do a SJC teleport after the Prop Shredder and a BC teleport after the Wild Stomp xx Stinger part. You also might need to modify the beginning part to combo into Charge Shot xx Prop Shredder instead of Wild Stomp xx Prop Shredder depending on the character. You can use your assists to extend this combo accordingly (ex. after a Hammer, call Wolverine Tornado Claw and do Volcano, j.S).

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Guilty posted:

I saw that Clockwork vs. Neo thing for the first time, and I have to say the most annoying thing about it was how loving wrong, wrong, wrong, the announcers were. I don't know who they were or if they were having a bad day, but the exact opposite of their predictions nearly always happened. And most of the time it was all 'Clockwork's got this match in the bag' *Clockwork loses the match*.

Justin's commentary was extremely on point, I thought. This was particularly obvious when Neo was running away with Matrix and while he had the life lead, Justin was saying that he shouldn't run vs Clockwork's team. Neo then proceeded to lose in the last 20 seconds or something when Clockwork caught him.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Don't even try to argue with Emil. It's pointless

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

1P only infinites and glitches were pretty common in older fighting games, too. A3 immediately comes to mind, but I'm certain there are more. My more software engineering-oriented friend told me it's just a consequence of how the game is programmed with respect to one player side or something like that.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I've been trying to get a raw tag combo from Dante to Doom working but I just can't figure out a way to swing it. I run Haggar/Dante/Doom, frequently I'll DHC into Devil Trigger to make Lariat safe or just tag out Haggar for red life. The only issue is I don't really know what to do with Dante when he's in DT and I have no meter. I've tried a ton of different raw tag methods and none of them work, should I go for a reset or invent a TAC combo/infinite with Haggar or what?

You could try comboing into his air qcf+H such that the last hit doesn't connect. It puts the opponent into a slow hard knockdown, which might be enough to tag to Doom and pick them up with st. M into relaunch. Off the top of my head, you can do it by launching with S, super jumping up, and delay for a bit before doing MMH qcf+H. In the corner, you can also wall bounce them with Stinger, then bold cancel into qcf+H.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I do groundbounce resents with this, I'm pretty sure its a soft knockdown and the recovery is so long that even the timing for catching them with beehive is pretty strict. I really doubt it'd work, but I'll check it out.

How does the grapple reset work exactly, it forces forward tech right? So I just grapple, call haggard and ambiguously dash under?

No, it's definitely a slow hard knockdown if you do it right. I mean you have enough time to teleport to the other side of the guy, then do Million Carats xx super, or fire off an Acid Rain then do Volcano -> j.S. If nothing else you could cancel into Devil Trigger when you land to cancel the recovery and raw tag to Doom and OTG with st. M into whatever.

edit: I just tested it, in the corner it works pretty well. Standard Dante BNB opening into st. S, sj H, qcf+H, tag to Doom, st. HS, sj j.M j.M footdive footdive, air qcf+H xx super (DHC to Million Dollars for easy mode damage or Devil Trigger into followup if you're feeling fancy).

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 14, 2012

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Boobs is Fun! posted:

That and the beach one are too good.

I chuckled at the Zero lightning loop one. I'm basically the worst kind of person.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Koolin posted:

Looking for some advice re: sword loops. I'm constantly getting Dimension Slash instead of Spiral Swords after the cr.H. Now, I'm pretty certain I can do a dragon punch motion but it feels pretty much 50-50 what super comes out, even though it feels as if my inputs are totally consistent. Anyone experience anything similar? This has been killing me the past few days.

I get this sometimes, you just have to make sure you're really holding down d/f when you complete the motion. It seems to happen to me more during DHCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Excels posted:

http://youtu.be/tqBZT34zt6g?t=10m25s

This loving Dante combo, holy poo poo

Looked pretty run of the mill to me... Cloud805 has the best Dante I've seen in tournament play.

• Locked thread