Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Schmendrick posted:

All the SoCal manchildren Pros will exploit the "best" character anyway.

Schmendrick posted:

(I'm guessing they still had tourneys with him, telling anyone who wasn't a cool, SoCal kid with a PS3 didn't have a PS3 to piss off)

Schmendrick posted:

GRRRLZ AND COMINT ABOUT GRRLZ IN MY SOCAL FIGHTING GAEMZ

Schmendrick posted:

for 5-10 minutes it was just about some guys having a SoCal circle jerk or how they stroll around uncanny valley SoCal and getting high/doing nothing afterwards while a match was going on

Schmendrick posted:

Of course if you want to put a picture of your favorite anime girl or Juri in a bikini like some SoCal loser nerds, you're on your own.

:psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Doom on point, Frank second, and Wesker last seems pretty obvious to me. Use doom to level up Frank, if Frank doesn't get leveled up you have Level 4 Wesker in the back anyway.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Wozbo posted:

I just did a sentinel h jump loop once and I'm an extreme baddie. Timing was drat near impossible. It looks like the hitstun scaling rapidly increases in proportion with how long you are on the ground?

It went like this: h -> fly -> l -> h -> unfly -> h -> land and immediately jump -> repeat.

Can someone with better execution confirm? I was using magneto launcher into h -> addf exchange down.

Apparently you have to hit them with a special move in the air before you land.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

There are definitely practical applications of it in fairly common situations. If you want to save a point character from Hail Storm chip without using xfactor, hard tagging is pretty common. If you can hard tag, you can do the glitch. Of course they can just Hail Storm again when you come back in, but then you've made them use 2 meters instead of 1.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Dias posted:

And there's still P1-only corner crossups in modern games like SFIV so I don't know.

In SF4 it depends on the corner itself, not the player. Some stuff will not crossup on the left corner that will crossup in the right corner.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Bronson Tran probably has the best Strange in America. You can probably only find footage of him playing on FGTV archives though.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

It's a glitch with the combo counter. The combo is resetting but the combo counter keeps going, which is why it does so much damage.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Jeffrey posted:

This is a weird cause and effect thing, are you implying that the counter stopping is what lets you tech/block but not what resets damage scaling?

Seems like this will be a rare sight but hopefully it is tournament viable. Modok 2013.

I am saying it is not actually an infinite, the dummy is set to not block at all. The combo counter continuing to go up despite it not being an actual combo is a glitch. The combo actually does not work at all and you can 100% block. You can tell because the combo counter starts flashing like the combo is done, but keeps going up.

This was discovered over a year ago and Desk even made videos about it and a blog post here:

http://biffotasty.blogspot.com/2011/12/exploring-combo-counter-glitch.html

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Fenn the Fool! posted:

I mentioned this in passing earlier, but I want to go into more detail: in my opinion the coolest change they could make would be allowing me to call the alpha, beta, and gamma assists of all my characters.

Hello 10 years of Morrigan/Doom/Ammy.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I made a vid + tutorial if you want to actually have fun in this game for once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swPuSwVWHak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Excels posted:

SFxT looks lame, too many matches ending in time-outs because there's no chip damage on blocking.

There's chip damage. It ended in a lot of timeouts because the stages were huge, walk speeds were slow, and throws were slow, did no damage, and took forever. You also had two characters worth of health and it was easy to tag out safely and regain a ton of health.

• Locked thread