Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

TaurusOxford posted:

Oh, i'm not getting mad at them(At this point I pity Capcom more than anything else). Although, why they haven't just used the Marvel engine to just make a Capcom All-Stars fighting game so that they would have total control of characters and balancing confuses me greatly. It's not like they are hard-strapped for characters: They almost put Nintendo's roster to shame.

Because they have literally no money to make new games with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Orgia Carnaval posted:

I doubt in the list if things Marvel cares about one of them is "A story mode that represents the characters" when they were just fine with little to none, yet were very concerned with Dr. Strange's hand gestures. Marvel pulled their games digitally from both Capcom and Activision's side. Chances are they are reevaluating who they are doing business with and will probably work with Capcom again given that both MvC3 and UMvC3 were profitable.

They realigned their goals there and are probably going to pull most games in-house from now on; they want a solid continuous canon as close to movies as possible just like how they change the comics just before any movie comes out. There is unlikely to ever be an MvC4 as long as Disney owns Marvel

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Excels posted:

Yipes has argued that it's easier to view Marvel 3 as an anime game.

If Marvel 3 were a new anime IP it would have been played for 2 months, universally decried as a lovely game, and have a microscopic community left playing it

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Race Realists posted:

SGE is a great game that desperately needs more characters (beyond the handfull currently in development) and would get them too if god didnt hate mike z :smith:

as pretty as hand drawn 1200 frame sprites are they add a ton to development costs and time and there's a reason no one does that kind of thing anymore

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I made a vid + tutorial if you want to actually have fun in this game for once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swPuSwVWHak
What have you wrought?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYArg9AwA9Q

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Gutcruncher posted:

I wish they couldve released one last patch that would freely unlock Jill and Shuma for everyone. Anyone who whines about that can gently caress off

Then they wouldn't make money from people buying them at the last second

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Excels posted:

you could probably just upload a hacked save, or something, that would have everything unlocked? or is that not a thing

codes might possibly work, although the DLC itself is no longer available. i don't know why the Vita version and all accompanying DLC for that one is fine and dandy though.

Nope, apparently you can save edit to use Galactus or 3xVergil but the game won't let you use DLC characters without actually having paid for them.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

TaurusOxford posted:

That would seriously solve all the problems of the Vs. Capcom series. No hassles with third-parties, no issues with the audience not giving a poo poo about the not-Capcom half of the roster, and you can easily utilize the entire Capcom roster that has been getting ignored for years. Power Stone, Megaman, God Hand, Asura's Wrath, etc.

Some sort of..jam...solely fought by Capcom characters? It's just crazy enough to work

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Prism posted:

Capcom hasn't exactly been earning a lot of goodwill lately. Did the gems in SF x Tekken ever amount to anything? I don't follow it.

They were originally going to sell extra gem slots for a few dollars, they got leaked because they accidentally went on EU PSN early and the outrage forced them to cancel it. (Anyone who bought it still has extra gems)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Excels posted:

So, no Ultimate Cosmic Marvel vs Capcom 4 Galactus Edition at E3? Way to drop the ball, guys

There is unlikely to be another MvC in the foreseeable future because of Marvel's new unification of video game properties

• Locked thread