Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
There's always that cheating method I guess... Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Why does this game always pair me up against people who've won over a hundred times when I've won maybe three???

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm down to play a PS3 tournament. I work this weekend though.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I signed up under my SA Username. PSN is Squallege

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
6PM PST is alright with me. I might have to work till 7 that day but if that's the case I can always take a later fight or something.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Lost both my chances, met some good players, a good day.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hey hey! I finally surpassed the rank of Fighter!! Then my PS3 locked up and I remembered that it's on its death bed. :smith:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't know what it was but I was a magnet for Dr. Doom/Ghost Rider/Sentinel teams last night. Next time I see that team I'm gonna straight up probably lose the match!! I made it to 9th Scout though so I can't complain too much. :unsmith:

Edit: gently caress I guess I'm actually 9th Ranger. My bad.

Squallege fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 10, 2012

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Erik The Viking posted:

Hey you're on PS3 right? Are you in the tourney next week and if so do you wanna get together this week for some training/practice?

I won't be able to make it this week. My fat PS3's showing the early signs of death so I'm probably going to do the big PS3 transfer at the end of the week. We can still get some practice in though. PSN is Squallege

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What order would you suggest for a team of X-23/Amaterasu/Dante? I usually have X-23 out first.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Erik The Viking posted:

I'll add you later. Thanks.

Thanks!

I think that order is just fine. I used to be an X-23 player and in my experience she is a point character only. Even with L3XF she's a lovely anchor without assists. As long as you're using Cold Star assist (I assume you are), you should should be fine. I don't play Dante but he's been shown to be a good anchor but many people.

edit: You could conceivably switch Dante and Ammy if you wanted. We've all seen MarlinPie clean house with Ammy on anchor and it doesn't matter what position she's in for Cold Star. Whoever you feel most comfortable with on anchor is who you should put there IMO.

I've had Ammy on Cold star which is probably the only assist she really needs and I've got Dante on the guitar assist (the name eludes me). In most cases Ammy is often my ace in the hole. Whenever things get tough she comes in and wrecks everyone's poo poo. I've had a couple matches where she's been on her own and proceeds to take two characters out with a level 3 Xfactor. For a while I had a team of her, Wesker and Vergil. I mainly use them on the Vita since the competition isn't nearly as tough. The crossover hyper is loving crazy since the three of them are all over the place.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Tried playing a little and I did mostly bad I did however make a guy rage quit by using Wesker/Vergil/Ammy's combo hyper on his Wesker and Taskmaster assist, filling the stage with fire, slashy orbs, and a flying jackass. Bad news is I got locked up before a fight and the game thinks I did it on purpose.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Good luck to the participants! I'll probably be able to join in next week

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ah good I needed something new to piss off the guy I play against during our time at sea. He hates Amaterasu so much, I love it.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's been a while what with the new PS3 and month long underway. Signed up.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Got my warmup in just in time for the tourney.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ybrik posted:

Did anyone notice the Christmas in July theme? I did...

I hope you're referring to the use of Bonne Wonderland which is my favorite stage.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Nonbaka posted:

Signed up for the first time as Nonmus. Hope I can figure this thing out.

Yo get in the IRC channel in ybrik's post

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll admit I missed being able to clap like three times every second. Great Fiiiiiiigggghhhhttt!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Chaotic Flame posted:

I do miss the weekly tournaments even if I only did do three.

I almost miss losing every round I ever fought in.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So what happens to those who buy the game that want Jill and Shuma Goroth? That kinda sucks for them.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Zain posted:

I'm more concerned that MvC2 is going to go off the store and be undownloadable when it happens. I have a question since I have a Ps3 and still the 60 gig harddrive. If I was to download it on said harddrive then get a new one when this is all over an I transfer the game to the new one or would I have to keep putting in the old one to play MvC2?

I think even if it's pulled from the store, you can still download it if it's already in your download list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

JordanKai posted:

Not sure why but I thought this was supremely funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlrgx2Vxj48

• Locked thread