Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigEast55
Oct 1, 2006

tijag posted:

I'm quite new and trying to improve.

This picture is not good, but I feel like, it should have been, or could have been something. Please help me to improve my processing and composition.

I agree that this could be something, but it really feels like the whole shot lacks focus, I don't really know what I'm supposed to be looking at. Also did you shoot it through a window? Or what is the glare, it's really distracting as well. I think you just need to pick something and focus in on it.

I went out hiking the other day (50 in Upstate NY in February is really odd) and took a few pictures but I feel like they are lacking something, I wish I could have waited to go out a few hours for sunset, but the park closed too early

Dead in Feb by bates.james.e, on Flickr

Frozen Bog by bates.james.e, on Flickr

Moss and Leaves by bates.james.e, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigEast55
Oct 1, 2006

Insanite posted:

Here are some of mine. Christmas tree went up, so I tried shooting things up close in something beside daylight for the first time ever. I know essentially nothing, so hack away.

DSC_0096 by mxdv, on Flickr

DSC_0095 by mxdv, on Flickr

DSC_0056 by mxdv, on Flickr

The first picture seems to lack anything in particular to look at. The contrast with the ball and the tree is a bit lacking, but I think a little more light could help that out. I really like the angel topper, its got this creepy sort of vibe to it which is really awesome, the shadows and lighting are spot on, but the foreground has a lot of stuff in it, that would be my only critique. The last picture I really like, but I'm not sure if you where trying to make the alphabet block the focus or the glass bell. I really like how the alphabet block came out, but its fairly blurred in the front lower left, but then again I don't do a lot of macro stuff.
---
These are a few from my summer in Maine:

Sunset in Camden Hills by bates.james.e, on Flickr

Sunset over Somes Sound by bates.james.e, on Flickr

Cutler Rainbow by bates.james.e, on Flickr