Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Tiger, tiger, burning bright

Cyberbob posted:

Here's a couple of shots for a local locksmith.
I wanted a backlight but I'm getting some harsh light on the reflective keys.

These seem to have a journalistic approach that seems well suited for a narrative.

First one is a bit cramped with the elbow cut out.
Second is nice and the highlights on the keys work well for me. They add to a third of the image and add a sense of depth. Framing at the waist shows the room is small without feeling uncomfortable.
Third is a nice portrait and normally difficult to accomplish in landscape.

I am mostly a film shooter and I came accross a cheapo film scanner for making essentially contact prints and Flickr. I only own an iPad for editing, using snapseed, but it does provide me with a ballpark approach for dodging/burning as well as a moderate contrast level for printing. All in all it works to suit my needs unfortunately it makes awful looking digital grain and captures none of the film grain so bear with me.

Fin whale by Sensitometry, on Flickr

Edit: is it helpful to include film type and developer when discussing?

Tigertron fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU