Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

clockworkjoe posted:

Thanks! Yesterday, it rained a lot so I took a few quick photos of the tree in front of my house. I tried to capture rain drops, but I didn't have enough time to get the settings just right I think.

I like thee colors in this photo, but I feel a true subject is missing. This photo doesn't direct my eyes anywhere. What do you want me to really look at and feel? These are great backgrounds to amplify the subject of a photo, but they don't do enough for me on their own. Lacking a subject, you could get closer to a leaf with some water on it and really focus on a water droplet, or something like that.

Here's a photo of mine. I watched a youtube video about Saul Leiter's abstract photography and went on a shoot feeling inspired to try working with negative space and reflections.

I'm new to artistically-minded photography, so I'm looking for feedback like: this looks like babby's first creative photo or whether its interesting

blue squares fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Aug 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

These are probably not most people's cup of tea, but I went nuts with the color curves on this store window because I loved how the texture of the wood made the photos look more like comic book artwork. The first one is the original

R0000345-0 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

R0000345-1 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

R0000345-3 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

blarzgh posted:

I think it's cool as poo poo

Hey, thanks! I appreciate it

Thoughts on this? This is my first attempt at making a picture in this style. I really like it, but I tend to overestimate my work

coffee
by bluesquares, on Flickr

blue squares fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 10, 2023

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Thanks for the feedback!

There's no "photos of cars" thread, I think, so I'll just keep spamming this thread

313A9033 by bluesquares, on Flickr

313A9035 by bluesquares, on Flickr

313A9043 by bluesquares, on Flickr

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

echinopsis posted:

these are extremely sick I fuckin love it

Thanks!

I have no idea if this one is good. I had a vision in my head that did not work out, so I played around and edited the poo poo out of this, with 6 total masks to control the exposure

313A0407-3 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

edit: added a new version with a straightened pole and full black at the top and bottom as well

Original: https://imgur.com/wcOsj0y

blue squares fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 20, 2023

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

xzzy posted:

I ain't qualified to say if it's good but I think both the wide angle and crop are cool. The b&w conversion doesn't feel overdone to me.

On the square crop I'd probably center the pool of light. And straighten the pole, if you like it tilted that's one thing but if it's an oversight most viewers are gonna want a perfectly vertical pole.. we aren't going to know your intent so it kinda looks like a mistake.

If a simple rotation makes the person look lopsided the straighten tool in LR is insanely good at fixing that stuff.

Thank you! I updated it using your suggestion. Great call

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Would you like to bake a great many cakes?

products by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

(yeah I know they're not all uniform, I was just screwing around and used ms paint to arrange them)

blue squares fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I discovered the multiple exposure setting in my camera and how to wiggle it about while shooting

313A1926-2 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

313A1919-3 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr

313A1918 by Austin DeGroot, on Flickr