Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Thirteen Orphans posted:

I really like this one! The water is fantastic, my biggest complaint is that the rocks lose their definition as they get darker. Perhaps brighten the rock formation and keep the water as is?

Edit: To clarify, I meant trying to brighten only the very dark portion of the rock formation.

I'm seeing plenty of definition on my screen in the dark areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I think the first one is your best one compositionally, with the sky textures, the mysterious looking mass of land and the way the light hits the water and how it seems to radiate from it. The visual weight in the elements, the sky, the land and the water are harmonically pleasing together. That said you have a bit of dust in your sensor that you should clean at some point ;)

The other two are interesting, but don't do as much for me tbh. There's too much dynamic range in the second one and you're losing a lot of detail to both to the sky and the shadows.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

They look really underexposed for daylight photos, the first two at least. I appreciate those kinds of banal urban/suburban environment photos though, but even then it feels like it's missing.. something.

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 17, 2019

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

blue squares posted:

Hey, thanks! I appreciate it

Thoughts on this? This is my first attempt at making a picture in this style. I really like it, but I tend to overestimate my work

coffee
by bluesquares, on Flickr

That glossy tablecloth is super distracting to me. Overall i like that low key lighting though, it's nice and moody.