Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
E: oops many to post this in snapshots a day.

carcinofuck fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

rio posted:

Historic by cadence440, on Flickr
I don't know if the subject is interesting enough to constitute a photo - I liked the colors and the compactness of the house. I also don't know if the distortion is distracting...I don't have a lens profile for lightroom for this lens and decided to not touch it in that regard, but might go back and do that manually if needed.
It is, I like the same thing about it. It looks tilted though, and it also looks like a shot that would actually benefit from centering the bulk of the object of interest.

Untitled by changezi, on Flickr

carcinofuck fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Apr 13, 2012

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
e: Wrong thread.

carcinofuck fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 9, 2012

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks

Kamakaze9 posted:

I went to the butterfly festival at the Powell Gardens, and in my opinion this was one of my better shots. Still looking for some suggestions. Also, I'm not sure what caused the background to become, blurred? I'm not sure what actually happened. It looks like there are less colors than in the original.

Moth by kamakaze9, on Flickr
bg is blurred because the leaves aren't at the same focal distance as the butterfly.

this would work better if you'd taken the image with the butterfly up against the black background instead of partially obscuring the leaves.