Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

Killed my sensei in a duel and I'll never say why.

Cacator posted:

I took some pictures while walking (not standing still to take a picture) to a pub last night (after already having consumed a fair amount of alcohol), and although I probably shouldn't have done that, I like how this one turned out. Is the motion blurriness effective or does it just make it look like a mess? Please advise.

PB230155 by Cacator, on Flickr

It's just mild enough to imply motion without obscuring what the subject or setting are, I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

bakahentai posted:

Went for a little hike today, so I figured I'd try some of the water softening techniques I've seen here. I think these are probably the best two I came out with today. Going to have to go back once it's green again. I really wanted the second one to be something spectacular, but I think it was limited by only being able to go down to f/22.

Use a neutral density filter instead of stopping down so much and I think your results will be more in line with what you want. All of the "soft water" shots you are thinking of were made with an ND filter, it will let you lengthen the shutter speed while maintaining a sane aperture.

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

Den of Lies posted:

Took this shot in the capitol building on a trip to Austin, TX.

Like dukeku mentioned you definitely need to straighten this up. But I think it would be a lot better if there was just the one guy in the hall instead of two. The second person really distracts me.

I went to the National Portrait Gallery last weekend, found these ladies hanging out there:

Chillin' by makev, on Flickr

And this little guy

Hmmmm by makev, on Flickr

MAkev
Dec 15, 2003

McMadCow posted:

This is a picture of someone else's work AND it's selectively colored? You're killing me.

Its not selectively colored, but it does look like it (this was not my intention and I don't like selective color either). The walls in there are pretty gray and when I fixed the white balance that's how it came out.