Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Ah, that totally makes sense. Its not possible to do what I'm trying. You can't capture detail in a darker area and in the same shot have a bright sun. Thank you.

if the sun is low enough you can, but I recently realised that the extra dynamic range of my new camera just means that as far as lightroom is concerned, I can recover more from the shadows and/or highlights, but I still can't fit more into any one image, without reducing the contrast. which is also an option, I play around with contrast a lot, although don't end up changing it much ultimately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Medieval Medic posted:

Its been 2 years since I've dusted off the camera. I feel like I have regressed a ton, both in composition ability, as well as camera handling, which got me pretty depressed after going over 300 pictures of which I feel I can -barely- salvage 4. I also really need to start zooming in on the camera screen after taking a picture, because what looks good on a small screen, when I actually opened on my PC screen clearly had blurriness issues.

love the tones here

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

blue squares posted:

Thanks for the feedback!

There's no "photos of cars" thread, I think, so I'll just keep spamming this thread

313A9033 by bluesquares, on Flickr

313A9035 by bluesquares, on Flickr

313A9043 by bluesquares, on Flickr

these are extremely sick I fuckin love it