Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my vinyl heart
Jul 30, 2004

How fucking ironic...
Ok, here is the deal. I've lurked this thread for a while, and never really felt confident to post any of my own stuff, but I finally got my computer working again and am trying to teach myself lightroom. I have only used it a couple times and really don't know what I'm doing, so I figured now is the time to man up and ask some opinions. Here are a few things I edited today. Feel free to tell me anything you want about them.

Swamp fever by Everyday Adam, on Flickr

Took this on a really dark overcast day, and ended up getting poison oak during the shoot, but I'm starting to like this shot. I'm mostly wondering if I should do any other color correcting. I only did a little to make the green on the plants look a little brighter.

Who has a light? by Everyday Adam, on Flickr

I'm mostly just wondering if this one is decent or if I like it because the bird jacked a cigarette. I do regret having the wide angle lens adapter on, as with the flash it has that dark shadow in the center bottom on my friends shoulder. Is this picture too dark in general? Or should i run with it and try to remove the light sources on the left and right? I kind of feel like they are a bit distracting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my vinyl heart
Jul 30, 2004

How fucking ironic...
Thank you guys for the feed back. I'm going to work on those and a few more and maybe ask you guys about them afterwards. I really appreciate it. Now that I've posted, I'm going to have to learn to start critiquing work myself to contribute.