Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

It was foggy this morning, attached is my favorite of what I shot. I tried to bring out the super faint destination area they're walking to but it was looking like crap so I left it as is. I cropped this a few different ways and I think the overcontrast/tiny people/vertical format is working for me right now, but I'm trying to get back into photo-ing so critiques are appreciated.

Clean, simple, direct. Your subject is 100% clear and the concept is executed really well. I wish it weren't so noisy, as I feel it takes away from the uniform gray haze of the fog, but that's a minor technical quibble in an otherwise great shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.

Dread Head posted:

I think if you want people to look at your work as a whole it would be better if you posted a new thread dedicated to that. The other thing is it is better for you to select a reasonable number of shots that you think are best/ones you want opinions on. If you just provide a link to a gallery to a large number of photos you are making it harder for people to look at your work or tell what you are going for. I think one of the harder parts of doing a project or series is actually making the selection of photos since this can greatly change how the project is presented etc.

Also, learning to evaluate and pare down your own work is an important skill and will eventually help you when making a portfolio.

Here's a new project: You have 48 pictures there. Pick the 10 best and post a thread about them, like Dread Head said. Tell us what you like about them and how they represent your style or what your intent was.