Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IsaacNewton
Jun 18, 2005

David Pratt posted:

I very rarely take portraits. This was done to commemerate this guy's Movember effort. I led him a merry dance through the office to try and find somewhere with decent light, but couldn't find anywhere without hard shadows.

Lemmy Purbrick 2 by fuglsnef, on Flickr
The split toning is a bit too agressive on this one for me (personal taste, but I used to do much worse! :)). The light is alright for dealing with ambient. I would have gone a bit tighter, or moved the camera down (pointing up) a little more to remove the nuisances in the bottom left and right of the subject. The hand out of focus is a shame, but I bet he was moving it. Expression is good etc. You've done good for an impromptu shot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IsaacNewton
Jun 18, 2005

Had a photo session with the neighbors grand kids. It was pretty fun, but I'll never have a shoot past 10 am with a kid that age. He was tired from the get go.

Mère Fils by Maxime Theriault, on Flickr