Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008
You simply must contact Criterion. I want a blu-ray of Manos, dammit! Maybe they can even get Hal Warren and Tarantino to do a commentary together...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Wasn't it that he got hooked on painkillers because the stupid *thigh prostheses that you hardly ever see hurt so much to wear?

It wasn't just that he wore it, it was that he wore it backwards and no one told him.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008
I'm the co-owner of the label that's putting out the Manos LP and it's been a long gestating project for us. It's coming along really good, though. We've been working the best possible elements for the release and have cooked up some cool artwork for the jacket.

Plus, Torgo's Theme will be on a locked groove at the end of side A, so it can be played infinitely if you should so desire.

Can't wait to share more about the project with everybody!

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

pwn posted:

NERD

where can I find that please

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/972481375/mother-the-original-arranged-soundtrack-album/description

We are going to have the copies that are left over for sale at our web store come November (there are like 5-600 left).

Yes, I am the goony-goon in the video.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

You sir are doing the lord's work. I hope there will be a cool color because I am dumb and collect that stuff like candy.

P.S.: REISSUE THE SOUNDTRACK TO THE APPLE. SOMEONE HAS TO DO THIS.

The colors are going to be a Brown Torgo Edition and a Black/Red swirl Master edition.

Plus black, of course.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008
Just in case anyone is interested, goon-run label's Manos: The Hands of Fate vinyl issue is up for pre-order now. Red/Black swirl "The Master" vinyl available only through Ship to Shore. Records will ship mid-September!

http://shiptoshore.storenvy.com/products/13817541-manos-the-hands-of-fate

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Suenteus Po posted:

Finally watched my copy over Christmas; my sister and I both agreed that the music is legitimately pretty good, and wondered how that happened.

Through working on it, I was able to talk with Nicki Mathis (vocalist behind "Forgetting You") and she had a great line about going to the premiere.

"When it was over, I tried to forget it. It wasn't hard."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Jack Gladney posted:

She's great. Her singing is probably the only professional part of that movie.

She stills plays in and around New England as well. Last I heard, she was planning on integrating "Forgetting You" back into her setlist.

• Locked thread