Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
In general, going to comedy clubs we pretty much always go to the late Friday show, as that has the rep of being the most interesting, least polished show where they try the new/weird stuff. In contrast, the early Saturday show is supposed to be the most conservative ‘I know this works’ show.

Due to that ‘non refundable’ clause we ended up with tix to both the late Friday and early Saturday show for Adam Conover, and it was interesting seeing how the shows differed, improv startup based on local stuff, then clear winners, new jokes, then solid , and for Conover “one man show” material for the end. MC and feature were more all over the place, with the feature acting like he was bombing (he wasn’t) before dropping into a great bit on the friday show ranking apples (the fruit). Yeah it was this guy: applerankings.com.

This was the second time we did both late Friday and early Saturday, the other time was Gilbert, who did completely different insanely aged material each night, which was great. Friday was like 40 minutes of “old Groucho” and I don’t think I've laughed harder in my life. Goddamnit we had tickets for a show he cancelled right as Covid started.Then he died, the jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Gilbert's Old Groucho is one of the best impressions of all time.