Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I have to hand it to Chapelle, the man is really making me appreciate Patton Oswalt so much more for his "you know what, I was the rear end in a top hat" self-awareness after 2016 and getting heat for going full lib-scold for a bit.

If you never heard that, this interview with Street Fight Radio is a good conversation and just refreshing to hear a guy explain how he illogiced himself into a bad position and what it feels like when everyone starts railing at you for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I'm looking forward to seeing who throws who under the bus for this in the morning

https://twitter.com/jamesjyu/status/1602201119643484160
https://twitter.com/ewittman/status/1602201425945034752

Who "reached out" to who to appear at this show, I wonder

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Caught Eddie* Izzard earlier this week and that was a particularly odd but enjoyable show. Easily the longest single-comedian show I've seen because she took an intermission and did a second hour after the break, but on both parts, the opening was real rough on each part until she built up a rhythm (again). The name of the tour being "the Remix Tour" also fit in that part of the material was callback based and I kinda hated the incredibly drunk crowd blowing up every time she did the build into dropping "cake or death" or "Darth Vader" or older bits slamming on the brakes to her routine.

The best parts were some of the absurdist tangents she got to in the middle of new material, like this bizarre chunk where the only time she really touched on the whole trans issue was through the lens of TERF seagulls. There was also a chunk that I'm sure would have hit better if I were more fluent in French because she did an extended bit about trying to translate her comedy to a few other languages and the few jokes that didn't work. Great stuff, but I was a loving wreck the next day because I'm getting old and a double-length show really took it out of me on a weeknight.

* I know she's going by Suzy Izzard in places but the tour, all her merch, my ticket, and a trailer for a movie she's doing this month are all using "Eddie", so...