Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

SKULE123 posted:

Hoping the JFL Montreal announcements are made soon, and just as awesome. Last year I burned myself a bit by filling my slate before the smaller shows (which fell under the ZooFest banner) were announced, and I'll be a lot pickier until the full lineup is out.

I didn't have a job last summer and the only thing I could swing was Paul F. Tompkins (which was great!). Gonna try to expand the slate this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

BobTheCow posted:

Is Bobby Slayton as lovely as the couple of quick Youtube clips I just watched make him out to be? My girlfriend got some free tickets from the club he's playing this weekend, which already isn't a great sign.

He's pretty old-school in a not great way. He has a WTF up, although it might be archived at this point.

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

CommunistMojo posted:

Also she seems to be into a lot of typical pseudo-science bullshit which doesn't help.

She dated Duncan Trussell for a long time, and he seems to be having this weird influence on the LA comedy scene wherein everyone wants to go to Joshua Tree and pretend they're Dennis Hopper after spending a couple of hours with him.

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

detectivemonkey posted:

The only big comedian I've seen not handle a heckler too well was Chris Hardwick, who I think gets people who still harbor weird Singled Out resentment a lot. In my experience he gets way too defensive way too fast.

Chris Hardwick gets into it (and often doesn't get much across) with people who take umbrage to him on Reddit, I wouldn't be surprised if he was bad at handling real-life situations.