Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I just can't imagine the idea that a room full of comics and/or comedy nerds is somehow a less demanding and scrutinizing audience than just "anybody else"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
I've been developing a 3/5min set that I actually am pretty proud of and think is pretty funny, but I'd have to drive about 2 hours away to go to any place that does a comedy open mic. Really anxious to do it though, even with all the bombing stories.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Saw Louie CK at Symphony Hall in Boston. Quite the change of tone for that place, let me tell ya. Anyway, he was great! A lot of really great bits. 1 hour 40 minutes too, real long.

hey I was at this show too! Some parts of his new stuff is very typical of something he would write, I thought, like it was new observations in this very Louie tone, like something like that Of Course/But Maybe bit. Really funny though, I especially like the sort of "I'm doing a joke, that thing I just said was a lie" things.