Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

goldblums eyes posted:

So I'm ~new to stand up albums and I'm looking for some stuff to listen to.

I like: NORM MACDONALD(!!), hannibal, Louis, aziz, Gary gulman, bill burr, al madrigal, Kyle kinane, john mulaney, Todd glass, Rory scovel, um, other people.

I'm sure that doesn't help at all. I'm trying to find new comedians but the "similar to" section for every comedian is always the exact same people. I guess my question is what are the stand out albums of the last couple years?

Maria Bamford is pretty much every comedian's favorite comedian and Ask Me About My New God is a loving triumph. As far as albums from the last couple of years, I'm a fan of Matt Braunger's Shovel Fighter and Kumail Nanjiani's Beta Male.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Matt Braunger's Big Dumb Animal is probably my favorite special of this year and the most cohesive hour he's done yet.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Do I hear five? Just five comedians people, a steal at twice the price!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Odddzy posted:

I'm financially supporting Brian Regan's crack cocaine habit by watching his standup vids on youtube and making an adblock exception so he can make .00001 cent off my view (split with his agent and manager of course).

Holy poo poo you are tedious.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Being a really good musician definitely helps his stuff stand out. I still think Unisex Chipshop is the most accurate song parody ever written.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Tokelau All Star posted:

All Fantasy Everything is a hilarious podcast, a good example of how to do "guy comedy" without being toxic. Hosted by standups Ian Karmel, David Gborie, and Sean Jordan.

The AFE vibe is so loving good. I got my friend a Cameo from Sean Jordan and it was the perfect thing for a nurse who's been walking on edge since the pandemic started.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This is like Shane Gillis levels of “not actually jokes, just intense racism.” Hoping it has the same effect on this dude’s career.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Matt Braunger’s Big Dumb Animal is one of my favorite stand up records in recent memory.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

In further Kinane news, the poster for his tour with Matt Braunger has the two of them with Terrifying Randy on it

https://twitter.com/Braunger/status/1587536928550707200

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

You can absolutely see the line between Jeselnik the person and Jeselnik the stand up character and I think that's why it works so well.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Oh neat, you can retroactively pay for the ones that have already been released for free! Loved the new Matt Braunger, wanna make sure he gets paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I gotta watch the new Shane Torres special, he just did a double week on All Fantasy Everything.