Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."
I'm not really a stand up fan, but I decided to listen to a bunch of stand up specials for awhile while driving/etc just to mix it up. My selection of specials has been pretty arbitrary, just stuff that came up in youtube searches and such. Thoughts so far:

Mark Normand - Don't Be Yourself (2017)
Not bad. Decent writing, delivery a bit stiff.
My Rating: B-

Big Jay Oakerson - Dog Belly (2023)
Very slow paced, weirdly non-chalant energy. Didn't make me groan or cringe or find anything to actively hate, just boring.
My Rating: D+

Ari Shaffir - JEW (2022)
I don't like Ari Shaffir, but this was pretty good. I liked the religion material a lot, and while some bits were on the cringe side, it was enjoyable overall
My Rating: B+

Bryan Callen - Man Tears (2023)
I don't like Bryan Callen and this was very bad. One good joke, but mostly unfunny and stupid.
My Rating: D

Kyle Kinase - Shocks & Struts (2022)
Nothing to actively hate, but I couldn't connect with this or find it engaging at all.
My Rating: C-

Shane Gillis - Live in Austin (2022)
I enjoyed the family stories. The Trump stuff is played out, but some of it was still funny. Some bits were annoying.
My Rating: B-

Hannibal Burris - Animal Furnace (2012)
Very charismatic. Pretty good material. I enjoyed it.
My Rating: B+

Tom Papa - What a Day! (2022)
It had a couple funny stories, but most of it was very bland and didn't do much for me.
My Rating: C+

Andrew Shultz - Infamous (2022)
Terrible. So stupid.
My Rating: F

Matt Rife - Only Fans (2021)
The highs were high (I enjoyed the oujia boad story), but much of it was annoying.
My Rating: C+

I'm open to suggestions on what to listen to next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."
The new Joe Pera special is great. I suspect pretty much anyone who liked his show will enjoy it.