Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barrage
Jul 27, 2010
Ugh. I was really hoping this thread was gonna blow up last night, I love stand-up.

Heard Anthony Jeselnik's Shakespeare last night. Hilarious. It's interesting how he builds a persona in 40 minutes that the audience trusts to say anything...without actually revealing anything of himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barrage
Jul 27, 2010

DannoMack posted:

Let's share stories of our first open mic experiences instead of rapetalk!

-Was lucky in a few ways
-Exact same in terms of not telling a soul
-probably 80 people in the audience
-Told MC not to tell the audience it was my first time until after I was done
-Did decently (of course looking back on it now, my material was absolute garbage)
-MC announces my com-ginity, get a cheer
-MC announces we have a drop-in from a Comedian in town
-Norm McDonald comes on stage
-Says "It was that guy's first time? He was, like supernaturally calm"

Loved the story so much I didn't try stand-up again (for fear of it being a fluke) for two years.

Barrage fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 18, 2012

Barrage
Jul 27, 2010

Dick Holden posted:

Apparently it's an open mic invitation to do an impression of your favorite dead comedian. So... yeah.

I think it's weird a comedy club would have a theme night. I thought the theme was comedy?

No way they're charging 20$ for an open mic competition.