Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Jim Gaffigan releases his new stand-up special, Mr. Universe today! It's available for 5 dollars and you can download it directly from his website, just like the one by Louis C. K. and Aziz Ansari. I can't fathom why you wouldn't like Gaffigan, so go and download them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
For a show based on a non-planned material, you can't go wrong with Ross Noble. His comedy is mostly built from his brain finding connections between things on the studio (like what the audience is doing) and mental images he then proceeded to explain or enact. His latest DVD, Headspace Cowboy is a collection of six of his shows and there is no similarity whatsoever.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Besides Sarah Millican, is there any good female stand-up comedians? With recorded material like CDs or DVDs?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Gah, I know nothing about female stand-ups. Regarding styles, I guess the routine filled with one-liners, like Jimmy Carr or Tim Vine. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try Bamford.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Ariza posted:

He doesn't seem to be as punny as Carr and I haven't decided if that's a good or a bad thing.
I know you said you're looking for filthy offensive short jokes, but if you happen to like puns and lots of them, try Tim Vine. Most of his shows are puns, only peppered with prop comedy (which are often puns) and musical gags. Also he's about as clean as Brian Regan.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Popelmon posted:

I really want to go to an open mic and I even have some material...but I live in a small town. In Germany. :smith:

DangerDummy! posted:

This might be a broad, stupid question, but what is stand-up like in Germany?
I also want to know the answer to this question. The only German stand-up comedian I know is Henning Wehn, but I have only watched his panel show appearances in The Unbelievable Truth and that one episode of QI. Any other German stand-up worth something?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Call me ignorant, but I honestly didn't know Robin Williams had a stand-up career. Which one is recommended?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
I've just remembered that on Night of Too Many Stars (a show for charity for autistic children), Seinfeld mentioned his new DVD. A simple google search didn't seem to bring up anything. Is this his new stand-up DVD or something else?

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

thexerox123 posted:

Speaking of 8 Out of 10 Cats, I actually really like the UK panel show scene, in general.

My exposure to stand-up comedies in general are from good guests in panel shows I like. Which is why most of my collection are British comedians. Everything I know about American stand-up scene (very little) comes from the few podcasts I consume.

Speaking of which, what's a new American stand-up CD you guys would recommend? I tend to prefer shorter but more jokes than longer anecdotes, but anything that isn't too raunchy or mean-spirited is fine with me. Also if the comedian's a bit more obscure it'll be even better, the most obscure one I have is the one by Simon Munnery.

EDIT: Wait, Munnery's british. Uhh, the most obscure American stand-up comedian I have is...Pablo Francisco.

toanoradian fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jul 3, 2013

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Which stand-up comedians have a lot of puns in their routine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Who is he against and for what title