Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Think it was on "Do You Need A Ride?" Karen Kilgariff brought up that he's been terrified of doing standup again because he's been gone so long and he doesn't think he could live up to expectations. Both entirely unstandable given his situation.

Maybe his brother Charlie dying spurred him into it. I'll go into it with low expectations, but it will probably be ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Pauly Shore 2.0 malfunctioned?

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

I like Kreischer's stand up, but I'm pretty sure his kids are gonna need therapy one day. Also he leans into that 'love to make black people laugh' thing hard enough to make it weird.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Gilbert Gottfried died at 67. He seemed like a pretty good comedian, and a good sport.
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/gilbert-gottfried-dead-dies-comedian-aladdin-1235231387/

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Ricky Gervais seems like he's always been an rear end in a top hat but the rumor is that is next special takes it to the next level

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1528134323496538114

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Bust Rodd posted:

I remember there being this weird expectation for Chris Rock to stand up to Louis and get mad at him for saying it, but Rock and Louis have been close friends for like 30 years and Chris Rock just sits there and calls him the N-word.

A lot of comedians are really good 'road friends', they've toured together, honed their sets on the same nights, commiserated etc. It's no wonder why Mulaney might be friends with Chappelle, they probably have been friends for decades. Getting rich and successful will change a person, like Dave; and Mulaney for that matter, but it isn't surprising. Good comedians are almost guaranteed to be hosed up people, if listening to WTF all these years has taught me. That isn't really excusing the punching down but it might be an explanation.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Tony Phillips posted:

Saw Kinane tonight. Was on my short list for sure. Absolutely killed and has apparently been filming this week for a special.

Nice, I'd really like to catch him live. I feel like shock n struts and trampoline were sillier than his usual stuff, but maybe that's where he wants to take it. I don't mind, I enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Medullah posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKlXRfefpdA

He also just uploaded the video recording of Trampoline in a Ditch.

That's been up for a while, shocks n struts too. I think his older specials are also on youtube either on comedy central's page or his page.