Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I'm just glad he's not the rapist.

Anybody else watching TrueTVs Comedy Knockout?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Megazver posted:

So, uh, how's the new Schumer?

Nice try Kurt. Try disguising your name better next time.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I dunno, I saw her a few years ago and all her material was short, 'shocking' abortion and sex jokes. Doesn't sound like Jezzelnick to me.

OK it does but her new stuff covers a lot more territory and feels more real.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Yeah, what's funny is that I was gonna post a similar thing but when I thought about her early material drat if he didn't at least have an influence on her. I'm sure it's mutual though.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
:thejoke:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

tumor looking batty posted:

Going to see Doug Stanhope tonight.

Go you. I'm meeting my childhood dream of seeing Andy Kindler.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

mrfart posted:

Thanks, that was amazing. Did Zach ever do comedians in cars? There haven’t been any new episodes for a couple of years right?

Netflix hit me with this very item when I opened it yesterday. Figures it would be a mutual.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

When was the last time you heard anyone utter the name Anthony Jeselnik?
What? He’s awesome. Saw him on the last tour.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
For pure jokes these days nobody beats Jeselnik. I don’t even know of anybody that’s close, unless Wright is releasing new material I’ve missed.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

XIII posted:

Jimmy Carr springs to mind

I thought he just ROASTS HECKLERS, aka crowd work.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Whitney Cummings always has great taste in men I guess.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I dunno I've been obsessively watching local roast battles on YouTube lately (if there's a better feed for Just Jokes lemme know) and it's such a delight to have no illusions what a scumbag everyone on and offstage is.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

escape artist posted:

been planning to check out that Eddie Pepitone special myself

WHOA! I love that guy, seen him once.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

piratepilates posted:

It's 2021, everyone has a podcast. I swear there's more podcasts out there than people listening to them.
Actually true, given that all podcast guests appear only to plug their own podcast(s), thus requiring the host to reciprocate in creating more of the things.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
John Ennis is is like the one person from that show that didn’t get where they deserved to be (or in Jill’s case didn’t marry someone equally talented that hit the lottery).

I say ‘get where they deserved to be’ because WTF Jay?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m from NY, it loving SUCKS there!

Bbbut the stuff from The Stand in 2018 in amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XizKz6y0LU
[/quote]
Jesus, a great 10 followed by some poo poo that’s above average for a dunk rear end in a top hat in an airport bar.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Saw Hasan Minhaj Saturday early show at Chicago Thearter, dude gave the single most polished act I think I've ever seen, both in Mulaney-style 'I tell this joke exactly precisely the best possible way' , and in tempo, dramatic act structure, etc. Damned funny too - I assumed he had special taping coming up Real Soon but wow, he's doing the same show until MAY.

Hannibal was the surprise middle, and while we all know he could do anything in Chicago and kill, but I'm not sure what the hell he was doing, he sure wasn't working out a conventional act. Maybe it would have been funnier if I was closer to the stage. Rapping to a harp sounds funny in concept but didn't even work in a standard anti-comedy way, at least in that venue.

OK now I'm imagining something like the Eric Andre show live in the Chicago Theater with a bunch of people that came to see something else and drat that sounds funny. Maybe he was amused, I dunno.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Tony Phillips posted:

Unrelated, but Stanhope was his usual drunk wonderful self two weeks prior and Junior Stopka is amazing.
Loved seeing Stanhope love a few weeks ago, but Stopka was hitting the ironic antisemitism hard enough to make me never want to see him again.

Saw Attell this weekend though, dude still has it. Feature was Louis Katz, so fuckin A. Was the late sat show and Attell didn’t want to get off the stage, long after last call he brought up the openers and did another 20.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Cucked by Bobcat, lol.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Owns

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I can’t get over what a terrible target trans people are. It’s so weird that I should get angry but I’m flummoxed.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Strange Cares posted:

Oh I used to gig with Josh! I need to check this out ASAP, that dude is a total sweetheart

Plug your poo poo here.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Holy crap Jesselnik is touring, got tickets for may. This is for a club show, he’s definitely one of the best kid-sized venue acts I’ve seen.

I was the only person in the audience that totally lost it when he said ‘Hey David where’s Shelly’ apropos of nothing.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Mister Speaker posted:

Big Jay Oakerson special
That entire crew from The Stand are a bunch of unrepentant scumbags. Some of them are also very good at comedy.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
You can’t run drones heavy enough to carry a real camera over people, so that wasn’t it.

Haven’t seen it yet, but my wife is NOT gonna watch it, lol. Ironically Munn is the only B-or-better-level celeb we’ve both talked with in the last decade, mainly because she would host literally anything (technical Emmys and Oscars in our case).

In another case Mulaney’s dick.

Remulak fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 27, 2023

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Was cleaning out my camera roll and found this pic I took in a random mall-based comedy club in Albany:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Medullah posted:

Bert Kreischer's movie "The Machine" is on VOD. Did anyone watch it?
It feels like I’ve heard that routine 100 times but in retrospect I don’t even know that I’ve heard it twice. I feel like I’ve seen the movie 100 times yet I know I’ve only seen the trailer once.

For actual content saw Anthony Jeselnik a few weeks ago at a late Friday show. Goddamn that dude can wrote jokes, polar opposite of retelling the same story without jokes forever. I can authentically say that he did 5 minutes on trans people that was amazing because it was actually on pregnant women.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
drat, literally the day before yesterday my daughter asked me why Cedrick was famous and I had no idea other than “was a standup, but not like a crazy great one”. I was wondering after that if he was like Earthquake, a black comic that’s HUGE that most yppl don’t know, but funny Earthquake clips show up from time-to-time and I’ve never seen a Cedrick clip forwarded to me.

Remulak fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jan 6, 2024

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Cael posted:

About 13 years ago (thanks, gmail history) I saw Dave Attell do standup and that was probably my first live comedy show. Watching his new special Hot Cross Buns on Netflix that just dropped, I feel like I'm a kid again. Dude hasn't lost a step.
We caught him twice, in different places, in the last couple of years. The recorder stuff killed, it we didn’t get one to keep!

Jesselnick should be ready for a special by now I think, his act was loving solid 2 years ago..

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
In general, going to comedy clubs we pretty much always go to the late Friday show, as that has the rep of being the most interesting, least polished show where they try the new/weird stuff. In contrast, the early Saturday show is supposed to be the most conservative ‘I know this works’ show.

Due to that ‘non refundable’ clause we ended up with tix to both the late Friday and early Saturday show for Adam Conover, and it was interesting seeing how the shows differed, improv startup based on local stuff, then clear winners, new jokes, then solid , and for Conover “one man show” material for the end. MC and feature were more all over the place, with the feature acting like he was bombing (he wasn’t) before dropping into a great bit on the friday show ranking apples (the fruit). Yeah it was this guy: applerankings.com.

This was the second time we did both late Friday and early Saturday, the other time was Gilbert, who did completely different insanely aged material each night, which was great. Friday was like 40 minutes of “old Groucho” and I don’t think I've laughed harder in my life. Goddamnit we had tickets for a show he cancelled right as Covid started.Then he died, the jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
If we’re doing books by comics I bought Liz Mielle’s Why Cats Are Assholes at one of her shows, and even for a non-cat-lover it was amusing.

Ya’ll watching After Midnight? It’s nice to see so many working comics just doing jokes in a loose game show format, although nothing will ever replace Comedy Knockout in my heart. Or Bunk, my first exposure to Michael Che, who at the time my brother was raving about after seeing him at IIRC The Stand. drat that was a long time ago.