Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

DangerDummy! posted:

I've never thought much about Dane Cook one way or another, but that sounded like some icky poo poo he was doing there, like on the level of a frat boy hitting an open mic on a dare. The best one of those was a guy I saw talking about eating maggots out of his dead grandmother's oval office. Really witty stuff.

Bill Hicks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

TJ is on Pete Holmes podcast and its pretty clear they're both rear end holes.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Animal-Mother posted:

I hate to criticize anybody's taste in comedy but in the spirit of the late rear end in a top hat Patrice O'neal, I have to tell you that this dude is not funny at all.

Kumail is funny, hes just not edgy. Those Youtube clips are terrible.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Saw Chelsea Perreti tonight. She wasn't too thrilled with the NoVA audience and went after a heckler early. Once she warmed up she was great.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Kroll was awesome tonight although the show seemed half as long as Chelsea's. He showed clips from his upcoming tv Chappelle show clone.

Gabe Liedman opened. I wish he had more time.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

indigi posted:

I'll take a dozen Chappelle Show clones as long as they're good. Also Janet Varney's supposed to be in it and she is the best.
All the skits, four I think, we're really good. She was in two of them.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Todd Glass opened for Louis CK tonight. It could not have been a better show. I'm so happy.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

How much of it is Nick Kroll doing impressions? It's weird to say it since doing characters is pretty much his main thing, but I don't actually like any of them and would prefer it if he would keep doing comedy as himself instead. If it's going to be 30 minutes of Fabrice Fabrice and Bobby Bottleservice I'll pass.

I saw him when he passed through DC a couple months ago. He did one character for a few minutes and then was himself for the rest. It was really good.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I saw Louis CK at The Kennedy Center on Friday night, the later show of the two. It was good but it nearly as good as his show in Baltimore. It seemed rushed and the the flow just wasn't there. He made mention of the place being a "union house" and that he absolutely had to be off the stage at 11pm. After that it seemed fairly obvious that there is a clock on stage and he had been staring at it almost all night.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

While Kumail's was pretty good Bamford's might be the best of the year for me. She's so sneaky good.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Dip Facial posted:

Ok so he has a podcast about video games people may or may not like.

No more stand up I can watch?

Youtube is riddled with his stand-up.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Tig mentioned the Bentzen Ball happening in DC in a few weeks. It looks amazing.

Edit: Spellcheck

Bunk Rogers fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 25, 2013

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

ChickenArise posted:

I saw Jen Kirkman last weekend and she killed it. I'd never seen her stand-up, but I enjoy her podcast etc. I'm pretty excited to see her next special now.

Next weekend: Christina Pazsitzky :D

I saw Jen Kirkman on Friday. She was great. Rhys Darby will be at the same theatre in a couple of weeks. I can't wait.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

ChickenArise posted:

I wish that was a miniseries and not a special. It was really good but I felt like they had a ton of great footage that they couldn't show and it ended too soon.

I thought it was a miniseries and was heart broken when I found it there would be only one.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Illinois Smith posted:

Not really a stand-up question but what are some good comedian bios where the actual comedian reads the audiobook?

Born Standing Up by Steve Martin? It's THE book but you don't have it listed.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

soggybagel posted:

His popularity is confusing and stunning.

Nepotism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

There goes Bob Saget