Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Sporadic posted:

In case anybody didn't know, Louis C.K. is releasing his new stand-up special, Live At The Beacon Theater, for $5 on his site (either streaming or download) December 10th.

And, to get us faggots hyped up about it, he released an outtake from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzHzlMneaeQ

Can't wait.

Louie is really the only comedian I can think of that would bypass HBO/Showtime/Comedy Central as a venue for a new special. I really hope he gets some success out of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fartingfool posted:

I like Louis CK and I just finished watching Live at the Beacon Theater, but I'm concerned about the manufactured controversy surrounding him stealing content from David Cross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roFbUQeKplU

Is this bullshit?

Stop posting your stupid videos.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Space_Butler posted:

Just watched Louis CK's newest special and I felt bad that I didn't give him more money. I might rebuy it another time just to feel better. That was absolutely phenomenal.

He recently added a gifting option!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
If anybody wants to hear Dane's side (and you should can be found here) get the latest Ice House Chronicles with Joe Rogan, Ari Schiffer, Bert Kreisher, Brody Stevens and some other comics.

I'm actually completely in agreement with Dane.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

DerbyTime!!! posted:

I haven't heard any of Gaffigan's stuff but this seems like a good time to check him out on principle. If 2 comedians have big success with this in a row it could maybe start a thing :shobon:

I've never met someone that didn't like Jim Gaffigan's standup.

Start anywhere and enjoy yourself.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Little Blue Couch posted:

The point is that this "just comedy" defense doesn't work; comedians shouldn't have carte blanche to say literally any hosed up thing they want onstage.

They should though.

Patrice O'Neil said it best that the material people might find offensive comes from the same place as a bit others view as being brilliant.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Space_Butler posted:

And then Patton got up and did close to 90 minutes of new material that all landed solidly on its feet, not one dud at all.

So his new block of material completely consists of rape jokes?

Sold.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

The human RSS feed.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

DannoMack posted:

I laughed out loud at a Carrot Top set at Just for Laughs once, I'm REALLY easy to entertain... Kinison sucks.

Carrot Top gets a lot of poo poo but he's actually a really funny stand up.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

BobTheCow posted:

I've heard this from time to time, and I feel bad talking poo poo without having more than a few minutes of gag material to judge him by. Could you point me in the direction of something to watch?

Honestly, I was just walking around the Luxor in Vegas and some guy offered me free tickets to his show. Much like everyone else I was pretty hesitant and wasn't expecting much, but I was amazed on how funny and quick he was with the audience.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Some of you guys are pretty dumb.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

quote:

HBO announces it's bringing @LouisCK back for a new standup special, to be taped from his current tour.

I am doing a standup special for HBO. It will be avail on http://louisck.com a few months after HBO, globally, 5$ no dmr

Uhh, what?

First Trent Reznor signs to a major and now Louis is heading back to HBO. It is what it is, and I don't really care that much since I'm a subscriber but I kind of liked the whole "directly towards the artist" way of distributing his specials.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Oh my god it took me about six years but I'm finally going to see Stella perform live at the San Francisco Sketch Fest.

I nearly screamed when the confirmation hit my inbox.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Analytic Engine posted:

Thanks for the overview, feedmyleg. I'd seen that the UCB theaters were closed but I'd hoped it was because the comics were performing at special events. Guess I'll check out NYC comedy in Spring.

This is probably what it boils down to. Last year I saw Bill Burr, Dave Attell, Big Jay Oakerson, Joe Derosa, and Hannibal Buress all during New Years Eve last year.

This year I've got Anthony Jeselnik, Amy Schumer, Doug Benson, Arj Barker, Ari Shaffir, and Brendon Walsh.

Basically it's rather nice living near San Francisco around the end of the year.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 23, 2012

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ror posted:

Are there any strong opinions on which time to pick if a comedian is doing two shows in one night? I never know if it will make a difference, if the second show is any better or worse for coming right after the early one.

It's just a roll of dice, really. I typically go to the earlier show in hopes of the crowd not being too drunk.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
To those that went to Oddball Fest, how was Brody Stevens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Apoplexy posted:

New special from Jim Jefferies is up on Netflix!

Tremendous special. Probably his best effort since I Swear to God.