Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I'm sure they'll all get top flight treatment... maybe not Bobby Lee though. RIP Bobby.

Are you referring to the pic of Chapelle, Rogan, Musk, and Grimes? That’s not Bobby Lee. It’s some restaurant owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

According to his podcast, I'm pretty sure he's been in Hawaii filming Magnum PI.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

EL BROMANCE posted:

Eh I dunno about that, I watched one of the pay episodes of the Bear Cave thing and the whole thing stemmed around Segura pretending to buy coke and Bert getting increasingly wasted and annoying both his co-host and the guest. I don't know how much people paid for it, but it certainly wasn't worth actual money. The standup of his I've seen made me laugh at least, but probably because he was lucid and capable of speaking in sentences. Watching him fanboy out over speaking to Adam Sandler was also the worst, and while some people thought it was a bit I absolutely don't think that's the case.

I'm not as big on Segura as other people though, probably stemming from the show I watched of his where he spends about 5 minutes digging at his dad for being racist and saying how he doesn't understand how anyone can think like that in 2019 (or whatever) and immediately segueing into a segment where women are the butt of his joke. Some of his jokes seemed ok, but I don't get why people freak out over him.

The only paid 2 bears 1 cave thing that was worth the :10bux: was the super bowl episode with Warren Sapp, but the normal episodes are fantastic. The other paid stuff just seems to be them being as shocking as possible and trying things that they can't get away with on normal YouTube. The paid Your Moms House episodes are even worse in that regard, although I guess part of the appeal of YMH in the first place is the shock value stuff.

E: and to be fair, the super bowl 2B1C episode was great up until the end where Tom got so drunk that he just became irritating. Bert actually maintained himself fairly well, and Warren Sapp's stories and commentary was the best part.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 4, 2021

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Megazver posted:

I sometimes worry about Marc Maron. He was into heroin

He was a raging alcoholic and pretty bad off on coke for awhile, but I don't recall Marc Maron ever mentioning heroin use.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Brenden Schaub’s standup is garbage. Joe List released a new special on his YouTube channel today. Everyone should watch that instead.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

lol no it’s not

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Medullah posted:

Bert Kreischer's movie "The Machine" is on VOD. Did anyone watch it?

It's fun. It's worth a watch if you like Bert, but I'm not sure how much anyone unfamiliar with him or the machine story would be into it. As a fan service movie, it's top notch, and Bert can act pretty well, at least when he's playing himself.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

He was in a diner attached to a comedy club.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Odddzy posted:

Super Dave Einstein, brother of Al Brooks was a writer on the smothers brothers power hour. They fostered a lot of young talent in Hollywood back then apparently.

You mean Bob Einstein, who played a character named Super Dave Osborne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Medullah posted:

Just watched these and please recommend more, I'm dying laughing.

If you enjoy Sam Tallent’s stand up and also want a good book to read, I would suggest his novel Running the Light. If you buy it from his website instead of Amazon, you’ll get free shipping and a signed copy.

https://www.samtallent.com/store/p/signed-copy-of-running-the-light

E: it was free shipping when I bought it so I assume it’s the same. Forward by Kyle Kinane!