Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Jimmy Pardo, the Sklar Brothers, and Hannibal Buress are all scheduled to be in Madison in the same weekend. I make plans for Jimmy Pardo, who has his flight canceled due to weather. Sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Saw Garfunkle and Oates last night. They are as delightful as you would imagine.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Mentioning how well admired you are multiple times in your admittance of jerking off in front of people is another kind of jerking off in front of people.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

I think Steven Wright comes pretty close.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

This isn't defending Gervais, this is defending the decision to publish and support transphobic comedy. Sarandos is just using Gervais as a PR shield.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

If I went to a theater for a stand-up act, I’m expecting to see someone that’s got a polished 60ish minutes that’s been pretty finely honed. At a comedy club, hopefully they have some funny bits they can rely on, but also they might be playing around with some things that they want to polish. My guess is that “a comedian at a theater” would be the draw over “this specific comedian at a theater” to a lot of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Might make a cool Ask/Tell thread

Especially if you want to practice crowd work.