Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

new eric andre netflix special is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

https://youtu.be/kVc4-05Agf0

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

WerthersWay posted:

I love Eric Andre but that special was so bad I turned it off after 20 minutes. I legit thought he was doing a parody of bad frat boy comedy up top and then it kept going and going...

I mean a lot of his comedy persona is exactly that, a parody of college bro personalities. His style is definitely more suited to his show but I liked some of the more chaotic moments in the stand up.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

what was your favorite special recently?

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I'm a drummer and I like Fred but even I thought about stopping that stand up halfway through. It seemed too... tame? Boring? I think he's much better suited to sketch comedy.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I thought it was consistently great for the first 2 seasons. After that the consistency started to fall off until the last few seasons where it was like 1 good sketch per episode.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

RIP Norm :(

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Odddzy posted:

He's saying that media and entertainment is a circus act interested in smoke and mirrors instead of being used as a platform to inform the masses. The thing they like doing right now is pitting a group against another to drive views through outrage.

It's kind of sad how no one listened to what he had to say instead of piling on him, the posters here are usually so nice and open to different point of views.

It was conceivably the unfunniest way he could have made that point, or any point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

just lol if you werent reading 300 books a day every day when you were 8