Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
That’s weird because she was just on CBB talking about how much she loves Rhea.

E: not that you can’t still love someone from which you’re separating though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Man I would prolly pay a two drink min to see Roy Nelson do standup.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Bill Hicks' dick must've tasted like a pack of cigarettes. I guess we'll never know.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Nah you can. His take on trans people is dumb as fuuuuck.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I dunno "My dick feels like corn" always makes me laugh.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

That's a general criticism of the acts they came in his wake such as Jeselnik and Schumer. I don't give it much credence because the results bear themselves out in the end. When was the last time you heard anyone utter the name Anthony Jeselnik?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Odddzy posted:

That's fine, I'm just surprised that for someone that hates Fox news and their talking heads so much, you sure sound like you spend a lot of time watching their videos.

Dude just take the L

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

bango skank posted:

pretty funny that the people getting hysterical about loving jokes in the stand up comedy thread are the ones acting like theyre dunking on others, thats the true comedy here imho

Jokes are usually funny?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"It's not just minorities who are just, you know, out there living. It's also dudes who rape and murder! White dudes even!"

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

XIII posted:

Anyone watch any of Netflix's new thang Comedians of the World? So far I've only watched Neal Brennan's and Ivan Decker's (both of which I really enjoyed). Also, why in the fuuuuuuuuuuuck were Chris D'Elia and Nick Swardson chosen as two of the four US comics?! (besides the fact that a broand an idiot are super accurate representations of 2019 America)

Delia is way too pleased to laugh at his own jokes. That said, the last thing I watched of his was loving terrible and I at least laughed a couple of times at this one.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

YOU EVER COME HOME TO YOUR WIFE... EATIN DOOKIE?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The Beef Jelly character has got to be based on this actual comedian

https://youtu.be/R-gytvj1w2w

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Why did you quote and then post the exact same video I linked?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

HAM BURGER

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

It's punching down to the utmost degree.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

That guy sucks. I'd rather listen to a Gallagher II special.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I saw Abbie and Ilana do a stand up thing together a few years ago and it was the shittiest most unfunny thing I'd seen in a long rear end time. We left halfway through when they started doing karaoke with no backing music.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah the show was really funny but whatever they thought standup or improv was... it didn't work.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Megazver posted:

Mulaney is former drug addict.

So? Drugs addicts can be good people. What a strange comment.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Oh right that's why I know who that knob is. He trashed a disabled person in front of a thousand people and used her full name to do it. gently caress that dude.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Jurgan posted:

What little I’ve heard of Jeselnik is basically edgelord poo poo about “I’m so offensive, look at me!” Maybe there’s more to him, but I’ve never felt the desire to dig in.

Anyway, apparently Mike Birbiglia has jumped the shark for being TOO POLITICAL.

https://twitter.com/indyliberty/status/1224318927620190210?s=21

God drat it

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Rogan has a fuckin DMT molecule tattooed on his shoulder so I think he does more than just smoke weed.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Jurgan posted:

I feel similarly about Bill Hicks. It’s like, I relate to the anger but it feels joyless. I particularly remember a long bit about Rush Limbaugh giving Barbara Bush oral sex. I get the idea of trying to bring them down but it’s just gross and not funny. Or the thing where he tells advertisers to kill themselves; it’s more venting in front of an audience than telling jokes.

It's ok. Bill Hicks wasn't that funny. Good showman for sure but his material doesn't hold up at all.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Instagram definitely wants me to look at her and laugh that's for fuckin sure

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Carthag Tuek posted:

I like Armisen in some of the Documentary Now! eps & some SNL stuff, but sometimes he feels too controlled for me. Like I know all comedians are trying to remain in control of their jokes, but he can come off as robotic in his delivery, to me. Like you can tell from his eyes that he is beep-booping the perfect delivery. I would do the same thing, if I were a sketch comedy artist, but I would wear shades.

Disclaimer: The above is what I've seen of him. I haven't watched Portlandia because I'm not American and it would be dumb to do so

Can confirm. Am an American and do not recommend it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

That's okay SNL sucks rear end

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I'm sure they'll all get top flight treatment... maybe not Bobby Lee though. RIP Bobby.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I wonder if he had any weird twinges in his brain when he filmed his Workaholics role as a pedophile.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

https://youtu.be/Z2anWvbM0KY

Lmao

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Riptor posted:

what the gently caress even is this podcast

A guy who used to get punched in the head professionally is now a stand up comedian that for some reason people love looking at and listening to.

And then Bryan Callen and Chris D'Elia are there just for background pedo sounds.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Gramps posted:

Also, if you're not a fan of YourMomsHouse he's gonna hit you with some jokes or references that might seem way over the line but they're inside jokes from the pod.

I hate this poo poo. I hate watching a comedy special and thinking "oh this is funnier if you've spent 100 hours listening to this person prattle on."

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Tony Phillips posted:

I don't even know if Jay does stand up or if this poo poo's true but drat if it doesn't look like him and where the hell else would you post this?

https://twitter.com/FBI/status/1367595894829436932

https://thecomicscomic.com/2021/03/05/comedy-fans-id-jay-johnston-as-capitol-insurrectionist/

Already has a snopes entry.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jay-johnston-capitol-riots/

Lmao holy poo poo it does look like him. He looks super pissed that he's been lied to his entire life about 24 being the biggest number.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Man his meltdown appearance on Seth Meyers' show was so fuckin bizarre (but also really loving funny).

https://youtu.be/1yXPxaO9Xcs

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

*thousand island stare*

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Man that takes guts.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Nope can't won't stop don't

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

It's weird how he comes at it from the exact opposite angle I do but somehow reaches the same conclusion.

Like yeah dude five feet vs six feet is a dumb distinction but that's because it should be twelve feet at least.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Holy poo poo it's exactly that. Man I hate that it's kinda funny now.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

If you Google him the first recommendation is "junior stopka Holocaust joke"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Can we get a check up on Harland Williams?