Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
Aziz Ansari and Chelsea Peretti are doing a show tonight at a local theater but no one wants to go with me and I hate going to stuff alone.

correction: it's tomorrow, but still

Forum Hussy fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Jack Bandit posted:

Don't pass that up. Once the show starts you won't even care that you're by yourself but if you don't go you'll probably regret it. That is an awesome doubleheader.

ibntumart posted:

Do it. You'll enjoy yourself just fine, I promise.

When I posted that I forgot I already had dinner plans for last night, so I wouldn't have been able to go anyways. (I should have gone)

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
I listened to Rory Scovel's album after seeing him on Conan last week, I highly recommend everyone do the same.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
Moshe Kasher has a new one on there as well. I haven't seen it yet but I'm a fan of his stuff, so I'm hoping it's good.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
Dave Chappelle just did three nights in town and I didn't know until today :negative:

Edit: Kinane is doing a one-nighter on Thursday that I can't make, Rory Scovel just recorded an album at Third Man Records that I forgot about...what am I doing with my life

Forum Hussy fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 26, 2013

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Shovelbearer posted:

I just saw Ryan Singer as a mystery comic at the High Watt last night. I had never heard him before but he was awesome. Really smart conceptual stuff that would reel you in with quieter more thoughtful passages (where the room would be dead silent, but only because they were listening to every word), and then explode hilariously. Hung out with him and a few other comics after the show and he was a cool dude. I'll be checking out his albums.

I really like the High Watt, imo it's a way better venue than Zanies. Saw Pete Holmes there a while back with Chris Thayer and a couple other people whose names i forget.

Local venue chat ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
The Wild West Comedy Festival in Nashville has a pretty great lineup this year. I got tickets to Nick Kroll/John Mulaney already, but there's also Rory Scovel, Hannibal Buress, Doug Benson doing standup and interrupting "Footloose", Tig, Eric Andre, and a bunch more that I don't care about. Anyone else planning on seeing anything?