Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Tony Phillips posted:

Here's a potentially dumb question about something that was admittedly minor.

Went to a show Friday night at one of the local comedy clubs. Headliner and one of the openers had some CDs for sale after the show. At this venue they'll usually be set up where you'd go by their table on your way out. Basically, they're right there as you file out. Had a good time? - say hi, maybe (please) buy a CD as well.

So the headliner basically closed his set with (I'm paraphrasing ever so slightly, but this is pretty drat close.) "If you want to talk to me after the show, I'll be... (kinda pointing back towards the area where they'll be)... surprised." A small throwaway line at the end of the set, but really drat close to a Hedberg joke. So, how close to someone else's material does something have to be before it would be an issue among comedians?

I don't exactly expect Rogan to be heckling the guy over it, but I'm genuinely curious.

This feels a lot like comedians who come on stage to applause and open with "Thanks! Goodnight!".

It's hacky, but it's not really theft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

ugh, lotta really enraging/disappointing names on that jaunty montage. I mean, any name there is bad because how the gently caress do you keep working with that dude but poo poo like Poehler is just pathetic.

Speaking of Dave Becky, this little paragraph is in the new Esquire John Mulaney Cover Feature

Esquire posted:

In November 2017, The New York Times reported that several female comedians had accused Louis C. K. of inappropriate sexual behavior. At the time, Mulaney and C. K. shared a manager, Dave Becky, who, it was alleged, used his industry power over the years to suppress several of those accusers’ stories. Mulaney quietly fired him, having concluded that Becky was dishonest with him about his role in the scandal. Mulaney doesn’t want to discuss it further on the record. Speaking to Vulture about C. K. and Becky this past March, he said, “Women’s opinions matter, and mine does not.”

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

I also think all the complaints about it being dangerous for Bert’s health are completely ridiculous, none of those men have ever given a poo poo about Bert’s health, least of all Bert. He eats like poo poo and drinks like poo poo and probably does mad drugs all the time. Tom Segura, by contrast, has actually changed his life to be and live healthier and it really shows. If anything I think Bert looks worse now than he did 5 years ago.

"It's ok to drug my friend because he's a fat gently caress" is certainly an argument I didn't expect to see today.

Just as a thread PSA, don't give people MDMA without their knowledge, if for no other reason than combining it with certain common anti-depressants can cause either health risks, or serotonin syndrome which is often fatal.

blunt fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Feb 7, 2020

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/vulture/status/1392282073164095494?s=19

Someone from vulture attended this week's Mulaney show.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

XIII posted:

The new Kyle Kinane special rules

As does his new look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijTrsOl6ykU