Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Looks great!

I have a chunk of smoked brisket in the freezer just waiting to go into a pot of chili. My new neighborhood has a chili cook-off some time this month, these fuckers have no idea what's coming their way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Not sure yet, I usually do black beans and some kind of red bean, dried.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
(I'm in the Midwest beans are standard and good)

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Whole cumin seed, toasted in a dry pan and crushed with a mortar and pestle is the best smell in the world

e: no, more than that.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

dy. posted:

A lot of folks have suggested ingredients, but one technique I’ve found is that blooming the spices or paste in fat really helps bring out flavors. When you have a decent amount of fat in the dish with decently high heat, throw your spices or paste in and let it fry until fragrant, usually between 30 seconds to a minute.

This is a pro move that I always forget to do