Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

saigon_15 posted:

I did some baby chili. You should too, unless you're a horrible negligent monster.

[...]

We wont be browning any meat [...]

Skim some of the dangerous animal fat that coagulates on top. Add healthy fat to compensate.
Why aren't you browning the beef after spending so much time browning the bones to make a nice stock? It seems like a huge waste.

Also, if animal fat is dangerous, why are you feeding chili to a small child?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelz good man
Jan 21, 2007

deal with it

Grand Fromage posted:

Indeed I am. Those are cheaper but pretty much all beef is terribly expensive unless I can score some American MAD COW HOLY poo poo!!! beef for nothing. The concept of a pulled pork chili is deeply intriguing to me, I will try with some shoulder. Pork isn't exactly cheap either but compared to beef, no contest.
Go with pork. Add some Colorado/New Mexico chiles, maybe some chipotle, oregano, some fresh squeezed lime at the end serve with fresh tortillas and some toppings (radish, red onion, cilantro, whatever) and you have Carne con Chile, the great grandfather of the classic Texas Red in this thread.