Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I've been wondering if I should try and make chili using pork ribs, is this just a crazy idea? There's a store here that sells some nice (already cooked, made then and there) ribs, been thinking what if I just chuck this in, with bones and all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

signalnoise posted:

Chili aspic

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, to be honest.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

OK so ribs in Chili, that turned out real well, along with ordinary stewing meat. Flash was on so it looks a bit shiny:

Also I put beans in, sorry to any purists but I do love beans.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Who are you talking to?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

slinkimalinki posted:

If it weren't for the chili-passion expressed in this thread, I'd still be making mince 'n' beans.

I'm still doing it, I've tried both ways and I like both from time to time. I have a hard time seeing why the stew meat version is so much better, it's just different.

I use beans in both is great though, I loving love beans and nobody can stop me!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

bunnielab posted:

You drink open wine after a month?

wait how long does wine last anyway, because I only use it sparingly in cooking, like a dash, so I can have an opened bottle for months and months.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Gonna smoke some brisket and chuck this weekend, thinking of making a chili from it as well. I wonder if I should add beans? :unsmigghh:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Anyone have any idea what kinda chiles these are? No idea myself, just had some seeds.

Look like ordinary chiles to me, except they haven't turned red, perhaps they will later in the season.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

They look like either cayennes or serranos to me.

Used some last night and hardly any heat at all in them. Some of them were very large, much larger than serranos usually are. Almost wondering if it's some kind of bell pepper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I like using cans of chipotles in adobo sauce instead of dried stuff myself.