Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Grand Fromage posted:

Indeed I am. Those are cheaper but pretty much all beef is terribly expensive unless I can score some American MAD COW HOLY poo poo!!! beef for nothing. The concept of a pulled pork chili is deeply intriguing to me, I will try with some shoulder. Pork isn't exactly cheap either but compared to beef, no contest.

Pork will make fine chili. You may want to skim a little fat off the top if you get a noticeable amount of grease floating on top. Leave some, because pork fat is delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Tias posted:

I read all of this thread before participating, in order to better my lacklustre chili skills, and now I'm almost scared to post a question.

Here goes: Is making chili with chicken flesh acceptable unto the eldritch laws of chilimaking shewed to you by dread Nyarlathothep, or should I despair?

What I really like to know is how well chicken gose with habaneros or like red peppers. Evidently chicken broth is fine, but I have some remains and breast cuts I'd like to make for my roomie who's into chicken.

You'll make something very tasty, just be careful about calling it chili around sensitive people.