Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009

Jose posted:

If you're getting such a massive amount of oil on top of your chili you could always just spoon some of it off

I made some with chuck, pork ribs, pork belly & paprika sausages. There was about two cups of oil on top i just picked off with a ladle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009
Casa Iberica in johnson st melbourne is great if you're in melbourne.
http://casaibericadeli.com.au/

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

I'm seeing lots of beef, how do you guys feel about pork and a pork stock? Beef anything is hella expensive over here, pork is much more reasonable.

You're in korea if i recall? Even chuck, shin or oxtail? You want the cheapest connective tissue riddled pieces, not fillet or galbi. Or just use pork or a mix.

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009

Aramoro posted:

I find it somehow amazing that you think you are right and people who are bothered enough by chilli to set up a chilli appreciation society are wrong. Is it just an ego thing or are you just a moron? I can't decide.

Especially an INTERNATIONAL society.

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009

IndieRockLance posted:

Anybody use offal cuts of meat for chili often? Which ones? The cheapness is enticing.

Oxtails and cheeks. Not really offal but cheap cuts with serious flavour.

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009
What is Calpis Juice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

branedotorg
Jun 19, 2009
OK thanks, I know what Calpis/Calpico is just wouldn't have thought to cook with it or to call it juice.