Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bolo yeung
Apr 23, 2010
For beer, I like to use something malty and caramel-ly. As someone here posted, I find it preferable to get bitterness from my toasted chiles. Something like a non-hoppy brown ale or dunkel lager is what I'd go for.

Also, instead of making my own chile powder, I just toast my chiles then throw them into the simmering cooking liquid to soften up and then blend them. Also, roasting tomatoes on a comal or dry skillet, removing the charred skin from the tomatoes and blending the skin with the chiles is nice (and chopping up said roasted tomatoes and throwing them in with the beer/beef broth).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU