Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

MORE. gently caress THE HATERS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
after a couple months where it broke 100 almost every day i will eat a bucket of chili on a 68 degree day. no problem.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Rescue Toaster posted:

Is it true that all chiles basically have some bug eggs in them that will eventually hatch?

Can I vacuum seal and freeze extra whole dried chiles, or do I need to process all of them into paste and freeze that?

Help me I have too many dried chiles because penzys had a sale and I didn't realize how much 8 oz of chile peppers is...

i did buy a bag of thai chilis that had weird little beetles in it but it only happened the one time. if you're worried about it you could freeze them long enough to ruin any small passengers days and then store them in the pantry.

i've never actually felt the need to freeze dried peppers so i don't know if it causes issues. anyway dried peppers last forever on the shelf if stored properly.

i would probably process into flakes/powder. lasts forever like whole dried and if there are bugs in it you'll never know.

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 3, 2023