Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangphat
Nov 15, 2011
Although I am sure it does not follow a traditional route I like to add a silky quality to the sauce. After browning the onions and the mince I add dark chocolate and cheap burbon and flambe then add red wine and reduce then add my tomato and chili mix.

I make the tomato and chili mix a cheat way which works for me, which is adding a few buffalo tomatoes to a blender adding my chilis (normally a mix of the standard supermarket ones) and add squid in ink (http://www.britishsupermarketworldwide.com/acatalog/info_35538.html) this gives it a lovely richness. Blend it for five minutes on the maximum setting then add it to the pot as the wine is reduced by half at the same time as adding some stock and dry herbs and spices.

Cook this at a low simmer for a few hours then add fresh oregano and basil then let it cool. The next day reheat it and the flavours will have intensified.

Its not flash or anything but drat tasty will chuck photos up when I next make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU