Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Saeka posted:

someone give me a good chili recipe from this thread so I can make it tomorrow

beans or no beans I don't loving care

Junkie Disease posted:

dried garbanzos, half as much dried black beans,
wash em good, toss em in a instapot fill with water about 2 centimeters above the bean line
add a tablespoon of olive oil, add one of those vegetable stock cubes
pressure cook on high for about an hour
while thats going get some diced yellow onion and jalapeno slices and fry em up good in a pan
when the pots done toss in the onion and jalapenos,
add 6-8 oz of whatever salsa you like,
if you like it thick add some textured vegetable protein, if your blessed with a Trader Joes add 1 of their Soy Chorizo to it
Add spices now, cayenne to taste same with adobo
Stir well pressure cook for like 5 minutes on high

Eat it hot, or be super cool a day later it taste pretty great cold outta the fridge

This is pretty much the best recipe ITT. Don't bother reading the thread Saeka, your request has been perfectly fulfilled. Again, do NOT read the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
LOL @ condemning chili on french fries

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
Since you're doing a light turkey "chili" I'd recommend brightening it with acid at the end.

Alternatively consider a red meat and chipotle in adobo, and or fish sauce for added umami.

But I think your variant is screaming out for an acid like finishing with lime juice for example.

droll fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 5, 2022