Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

czechshaun
Dec 13, 2004
en trance
This cornbread recipe sounds delicious to go with some chili. Although the pictures look odd.

http://www.theyummylife.com/blog/2010/12/103/Cheesy+Jalapeno+Cornbread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

czechshaun
Dec 13, 2004
en trance
Thanks to this thread I went out and made my own chili powder. The smell from the cumin when making it is absolutely delish! I could also instantly tell a difference from the store bought stuff I have used every other time.

Luckily I live in central texas so chilis of all variety are plentiful.

Thanks a ton for the help Kenning.

czechshaun fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 17, 2012

czechshaun
Dec 13, 2004
en trance

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also have you guys ever had Lizano sauce? I love that stuff to death.

I just had Lizano sauce in Costa Rica for the first time. I fell in love too, I brought some of that back along with some 'Chilero' sauce.

Long ago I read this thread and started making my own chili powder, never turned back. The store bought stuff smells so horrible after you make your own.

czechshaun
Dec 13, 2004
en trance

adorai posted:

I occasionally am unable to find a decent avocado at the store and have to buy one that is not quite ripe. I use a food processor to make guacamole in those cases, otherwise I use a sturdy whisk.

I believe you can put the avocados in a paper bag and close it up to make them ripen quicker.

czechshaun
Dec 13, 2004
en trance
A cool thing you can do with poblanos or jalapenos. Make cornbread and bake them in the pepper. As in, slice the pepper in half, I usually use jalapenos, and then just scoop in some corn bread mix. Bake them for however long your recipe calls for and then enjoy 'jalapeno cornbread.'

fake edit: no I did not retrieve this off of pintrest