Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elliot Rosewater
Feb 15, 2005
Squee!

I Ozma Myself posted:

Alex G's the worst part of chopped/anything FN, hands down.

Alex having a disaster every other week on Next Iron Chef has been amusing at least.

I kind of like her. Dunno why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliot Rosewater
Feb 15, 2005
Squee!
I'm still sad that Burrell's out.

Elliot Rosewater
Feb 15, 2005
Squee!

Jack Skeleton posted:

Ugh. I dislike them because it feels like you a third wheel on their date whenever you're watching them. Really awkward and odd feeling. It's like seeing two people give way too much public display of affection.

This is what I was feeling but didn't have words for.

quote:

Alex's on screen resume is being a judge on Chopped for fucks sake.

Alex also has a show on at 7am on Saturday mornings that I don't think anyone watches, making it weird that she's in that ad with Bobby Flay.

Elliot Rosewater
Feb 15, 2005
Squee!
On the internet in general, the amount of venom directed at the women in this competition (except Faulkner for some reason) has been really creepy.

Then again, internet.

Elliot Rosewater
Feb 15, 2005
Squee!
It's a little bit here, but SA's somewhat sheltered from that kind of thing. Mostly I keep wandering onto Food Network's comments page for...God knows why.

Elliot Rosewater
Feb 15, 2005
Squee!

angerbeet posted:

Well this is just a colelction of :catstare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_nmL_hGZyE

Still like Nads.

what did I just watch

Elliot Rosewater
Feb 15, 2005
Squee!

raditts posted:

Lucky for her pots and kettles are commonplace in a cooking show.

Just checking- am I the only one on here who likes her?

Elliot Rosewater
Feb 15, 2005
Squee!

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

YES. He's hysterical and one hell of a chef to boot - friends who have gone to Au Pied De Cochon rave about it much as my avatar does.

I find Food Jammers to be excruciatingly dull in the few times I've watched in every capacity - the way it's shot, the end product, and the personalities involved.

And yes, Cupcake wars. An hour long competitive show about making dozens of identical cupcakes.

An. Hour. Long.

Cupcake Wars isn't about the cupcakes. It's about the contestants' complete inability to dress themselves. Similarly, half the fun of Chopped is the horrified looks on the judges' faces when the contestants do things like dump a ton of ranch dressing on top of mangoes in a blender.

Elliot Rosewater
Feb 15, 2005
Squee!
Rachael Vs. Guy is hilariously terrible. None of the celebrities can cook, none of the celebrities are celebrities, and it looked like hardly anyone showed up to the outdoor cooking event they had. If every episode has things like the guy who adds thousand island to an attempt at ranch dressing, half the other things that happened, and Rachael and Guy trying their absolute best to find SOMETHING positive to say about the dishes they're trying, I'm going to watch every episode and then be sad when it's over.

I think I like this better than Next Iron Chef and I really liked Next Iron Chef.

Elliot Rosewater
Feb 15, 2005
Squee!

Ozmaugh posted:

With whom?!?!

Guy vs Rachael was hilarious tonight.

HORSERADISH?! IN A DESSERT?!!??!!?? WHAT!

I really like her! At first it was just funny when she kept having disasters on NIC but somehow kept pulling it together but I like her now. Maybe she's just popular with the mentally ill.

This episode of Rachael vs. Guy didn't feel as trainwrecky as last week's. Next week looks promising though.

I'm pretty sure The Big Waste was just a special.

Elliot Rosewater
Feb 15, 2005
Squee!

Jamesman posted:

Was the show doing really bad, and that's why they bundled the last two episodes together?

Also, I'm not the only one who felt the competition was fixed, was I? Lou Diamond Phillips is a regular judge on Iron Chef, and his chosen charity was the same one that Food Network backs. How could he NOT win?

The second last episode had Guy and Rachael's friends and family determining which one member from each team would be staying on. This didn't really seem to make sense with the rest of the competition where anyone from either team could get eliminated. Like what if Team Rachael had won all the previous weeks? If they were going to have a final two, they should have just had a final two from either team and arrrrgggghhhhhhhhh

So did they rig it or did they just not think it through? Either way my guess is yeah, they bundled the last two because the show was doing badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliot Rosewater
Feb 15, 2005
Squee!

ashpanash posted:

Ratings-wise, Rachael vs. Guy was a pretty clear success, a top-ten cable show, so that's not it.

Of course, content-wise, Rachael vs. Guy was a miserable failure of epic proportions but that won't stop season 2!

I didn't believe you about the ratings, so I looked it up.

I...how? Why?

• Locked thread