Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Pegnose Pete posted:

I've been watching the GCCX x Sakurai collab videos on YouTube and the JP only ones on the GCCX channel are so good. I have intermediate Japanese ability so it's a good chance for me to pick up some new vocab but man this is just so chill.

I've been toying with using it for practice. It doesn't seem too hard generally, but my listening ability is my weakest area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

mikeycp posted:

I've been toying with using it for practice. It doesn't seem too hard generally, but my listening ability is my weakest area

Since they paste key phrases on the screen throughout the episodes it's a good way to pick up new kanji/vocab as well.
The Sakurai collab videos have been good because he is way more technical than Arino so I've been able to learn some good 専門用語.
Question for long time viewers though, sometimes Arino/the ADs will use a type of colloquialism where adjectives go from ending in い to ending in か.
For example, きつい = きつか, or when an AD comes to help they will ask よかですか? instead of いいですか?
AFAIK that's a Kyushu thing, is it a thing in Osaka too? Or was there a famous AD from Fukuoka or something and it became a catch phrase?

Sakurai used something like 手伝っても良かですか?  and the announcer aluded it to being a famous phrase from the show or something.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Abe is a hakata boy

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

mikeycp posted:

Abe is a hakata boy

That clears things up thank you :D i'm also a kyushu boy (by residence at least)

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Pegnose Pete posted:

Or was there a famous AD from Fukuoka or something and it became a catch phrase?

Fukuoka born-and- raised AD Urakawa spawned the famous 1機やらしてもらって、よかですか? quote. As was said, Abe is from Fukuoka too, and Inoue (AD after Urakawa) is as well too, so there was a period when a lot of the staff was from Fukuoka.

Inoue tried it too and famously had Arino shout "No!" in English at him because he had made so many prior mistakes, and it was paraphrased as "武道館やらしてもらって、よかですか?" as the motto of the Budokan Event.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Hakata seems cool. I like their dialect.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Kakaricho posted:

Fukuoka born-and- raised AD Urakawa spawned the famous 1機やらしてもらって、よかですか? quote. As was said, Abe is from Fukuoka too, and Inoue (AD after Urakawa) is as well too, so there was a period when a lot of the staff was from Fukuoka.

Inoue tried it too and famously had Arino shout "No!" in English at him because he had made so many prior mistakes, and it was paraphrased as "武道館やらしてもらって、よかですか?" as the motto of the Budokan Event.

That's awesome haha. I really need to watch everything from the beginning. Should track down the raws somehow and treat it like study time.

And yeah Hakata/Fukuoka is a great place. A bit out of the way for people just coming to visit but if it is your second trip to Japan, for example, I'd recommend spending a couple nights down this way.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

next time will be my...6th time? but we keep going more north instead of more west. also just not wanting to leave. one day we'll find a way to stay.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

mikeycp posted:

next time will be my...6th time? but we keep going more north instead of more west. also just not wanting to leave. one day we'll find a way to stay.

Nuisance stream and get yourself detained.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Mister Chief posted:

Nuisance stream and get yourself detained.

And get deported + banned from ever coming back.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Pegnose Pete posted:

That's awesome haha. I really need to watch everything from the beginning. Should track down the raws somehow and treat it like study time.

And yeah Hakata/Fukuoka is a great place. A bit out of the way for people just coming to visit but if it is your second trip to Japan, for example, I'd recommend spending a couple nights down this way.

I've wanted to go and visit the food carts in Fukuoka for years, but with two kids and my situation, I can barely afford a trip to the bathroom.

(I'd have cancelled going to Saitama if not for a few strokes of luck. And inability to get a full refund...)

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Kakaricho posted:

The Saitama Event is less than a month away, and one title is still a secret.
Who wants to guess? I thinking Space Channel 5, encouraging the audience to sing/chant along.

With the event tomorrow, I'm going to throw in one more guess for Samba De Amigo 2000, given it's ending and how much they seemed to be hinting at it.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Kakaricho posted:

I've wanted to go and visit the food carts in Fukuoka for years, but with two kids and my situation, I can barely afford a trip to the bathroom.

(I'd have cancelled going to Saitama if not for a few strokes of luck. And inability to get a full refund...)

Yeah Yatais are definitely a vibe but now that I think about it I’ve never actually eaten at one haha.
Looks like the collaboration videos with Sakurai have finished. That was a good run. Kibe gushing about Sega and slamming that bell was fun.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Pegnose Pete posted:

Kibe gushing about Sega and slamming that bell was fun.

He was ringing it everytime Sakurai praised Sega, rhe goal was to get to 100 tines.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Kakaricho posted:

He was ringing it everytime Sakurai praised Sega, rhe goal was to get to 100 tines.

Yeah I understood the bit, it was very good.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The Arena, the premium seat tickets, and the hall.

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Kzk59N

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Kakaricho posted:

The Arena, the premium seat tickets, and the hall.

https://imgur.com/gallery/9Kzk59N

Enjoy!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Oh, I did! I'm trying to upload some photos on the train ride home, but I was so close to the stage that at times I just watched Arino play as opposed to the big screen. I could see his reaction a lot better that way.

I couldn't have been more off about the secret game, but the event will be available on Fuji on Demand (FOD) "Almost entirely uncut" starting November 4th (20th Anniversary of the first broadcast), along with almost all of the past episodes.

(Yes, it's a pay service, and no, I don't know if it's available overseas)

My dumb face is destined to be shown on the show and burned to retail DVDs/blu-rays every ten years, it seems...

Edit - now with photos!

https://imgur.com/gallery/P3fru2l

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 29, 2023

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hell yeah!

Gorgeous!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Another great show and yeah, the flowers turned out amazing. My fav arrangement yet!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

zari-gani posted:

Another great show and yeah, the flowers turned out amazing. My fav arrangement yet!

They beat the crap out of the ones that Nana Mizuki sent! (half joking)
Even the magazine Arino contributes to couldn't hold a candle.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.
Is it just me, or was the Samba de Amigo episode lower quality than usual?

Edit: Not in regards to content, lol, the video quality.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1718575980816781739

Game Center CX 1+2 REPLAY for Switch has been dated for February 22. The DVD bundled with the limited edition includes a selection of scenes from the old Project: Game Version segments going behind the scenes of the DS originals, along with a new challenge (Kinnikuman for the FDS) and two challenges that hadn't been part of any of the previous DVD collections (Oishinbo and Pac-Land).

Good reminder to check out SAGCCX's old Oishinbo sub, it's a fun episode!

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

joem83 posted:

I noticed that, too. The file size was also larger, I was wondering if it had to do with the episode being unusually busy maybe? All the stuff going on in the background plus Arino up and about instead of sitting down.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The Kins posted:

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1718575980816781739

Game Center CX 1+2 REPLAY for Switch has been dated for February 22. The DVD bundled with the limited edition includes a selection of scenes from the old Project: Game Version segments going behind the scenes of the DS originals, along with a new challenge (Kinnikuman for the FDS) and two challenges that hadn't been part of any of the previous DVD collections (Oishinbo and Pac-Land).

Good reminder to check out SAGCCX's old Oishinbo sub, it's a fun episode!

Buying it from Bandai's Asobi Store gets you a keychain as well.

It's short ("Wait, is it okay to take videos too? poo poo, better stop." was my thought), but here's Arino exiting after the challenge.

https://imgur.com/gallery/pBy5w1Y

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Oct 30, 2023

skyegccx
Sep 5, 2023

joem83 posted:

You probably have a low bitrate copy of the episode. A visually busy Dreamcast game like Samba de Amigo is going to look noticeably worse when bitstarved.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

The Space Channel 5 episode looked pretty bad, too… particularly the gameplay. Someone needs to gift the crew a Retrotink instead of flowers next time methinks.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thank you for the photos! Our flower arrangement was superb!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

If it's in an article, it's not a spoiler.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/202310/30322389.html

At the end of the show Arino shouted "Next time, we're doing a national tour!"

Kan apparently told him "Don't say Tokyo Dome, or I'll strangle you"

And Arino wants to go to Australia for the next trip and hug a koala.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

And Arino wants to go to Australia for the next trip and hug a koala.

And that's how Arino got chlamydia.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

And that's how Arino got chlamydia.

He hasn't re-Tweeted an idols in a long time, but I like your story better.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

testtubebaby posted:

The Space Channel 5 episode looked pretty bad, too… particularly the gameplay. Someone needs to gift the crew a Retrotink instead of flowers next time methinks.

Sakurai pointed out how laggy the TV they use is in the recent collab. I understand not wanting to lug a 14" CRT around but even just a Tink2X would be such a game changer.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Major Helper posted:

Thank you for the photos! Our flower arrangement was superb!
And in kind of a T-pose, appropriate for a gamer!

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Here's a better look at the goods that came with an Arena Seat at the Saitama event.
If you squeeze the Arino plush it says "Hello, this is Chief Arino from Game Center CX. To everyone in the arena seats, it's finally time for Saitama. I'm counting on your cheers! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! What are you pushin'!? Aren't you pushin' too much?"

The back of the ticket has a QR code to a (now expired) video of Arino thanking fans for coming to the event taken immediately after the event (he's standing behind the black panel on stage and you can see some people still leaving the arena.) That video is around in the usual places.

locationscouts
Aug 23, 2023

quote:

Sorry for the hold-up, we had something to do in the US Congress.

Game Center CX #352 - A FMV game “Night Trap” | Season 26 Episode 16 | Mega CD | Sega | 1993

Original airdate: January 26, 2023

Translation: Tokidoki Memorial, Squeaky
Proofreading: Kakaricho, Skye, Specter
Typesetting: Skye, Specter, witchymary
Timing: Ephemeral, Specter, Skye
Video Encoding: Skye
Special thanks & Shoutouts: GooseCanyon, GCCX General Pastebin, angeldeb82, vaildusername16, zari-gani, Random Stranger & Joe Lieberman

Have you ever watched one of those TAS videos where they play two games at the same time? That’s what subbing this episode felt like. We would like to thank angeldeb82 from GameFAQs, whose guide made subbing this episode doable.

LocationScouts is currently looking for people interested in translating, timing, or typesetting episodes of Game Center CX. For translators, a level of skill analogous to JLPT N2 or JLPT N1 is expected. If you’re interested, please send us an email at locationscoutsgccx@gmail.com. Please keep in mind that LocationScouts is and always will be a free passion project. We don’t want any money from you but we also won’t be able to pay you for your services.

https://twitter.com/LSKachoSubs/status/1725466006888325394

Torrent:
https://nyaa.si/view/1743889

Magnet:
code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e02dc8c98610aa6ebd491ec7e39360549878202c&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20%23352%20-%20Night%20Trap%20%5BLocationScouts%5D&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce

locationscouts fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Nov 17, 2023

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Oh hell yes!

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Thank you, Japanese-dubbed Night Trap is such a treat I had no idea I was missing out on.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Awesome. Thank you.

skyegccx
Sep 5, 2023
Fun fact: Commander Simms' Japanese VA also voices Solid Snake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

skyegccx posted:

Fun fact: Commander Simms' Japanese VA also voices Solid Snake.
IIRC a lot of the Japanese dub cast went onto bigger things.