Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Great episode. Thanks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

locationscouts posted:

https://twitter.com/LSKachoSubs/status/1725466006888325394

Torrent:
https://nyaa.si/view/1743889

Magnet:
code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e02dc8c98610aa6ebd491ec7e39360549878202c&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20%23352%20-%20Night%20Trap%20%5BLocationScouts%5D&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce

A game that rewards repetition and note taking? Definitely made for the Kacho.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thanks for the new release! I've got a soft spot for these kinds of games that use real life footage.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Thanks to Suruga-ya having some free shipping weekends, I was finally able to get ahold of the Figuarts Arino.

I also managed to get this, which came bundled with some copies of the Tamage-centric DVD. I didn't expect it to be a model kit when I ordered it.

It even comes with an acrylic standee of Arino.

All those stickers were monotonous to put on.

There's some extra stickers. I might put some of the sprites on the sides.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Moai Ou posted:

Thanks to Suruga-ya having some free shipping weekends, I was finally able to get ahold of the Figuarts Arino.

I also managed to get this, which came bundled with some copies of the Tamage-centric DVD. I didn't expect it to be a model kit when I ordered it.

It even comes with an acrylic standee of Arino.

All those stickers were monotonous to put on.

There's some extra stickers. I might put some of the sprites on the sides.

I saw that crane machine there last week but foolishly I just bought more games. :v:

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
Arino looks so smug in one of the shots... great replica of the original :v

e: not to derail the thread but where would be the best place to find cool GCCX merch at the moment in Tokyo? Wouldn't mind bringing in some Kachou goodness home.

Explosive Tampons fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 1, 2023

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The TV cut of Saitama airs following the annual year-end marathon of episodes and "Three Old Guys" Countdown.
Judging by it's run time, it seems to have had about one hour of footage removed (four hour event to three hour broadcast).

The documentary airs on January 25 as episode 372.

Moai Ou posted:

That's the special edition, there's a DVD only edition that's cheaper.
I want to build the model that came with mine, but I have two little destroyers running around, so it'll have to wait.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.

Moai Ou posted:

Thanks to Suruga-ya having some free shipping weekends, I was finally able to get ahold of the Figuarts Arino.]

I ordered one off eBay when the yen crashed recently, very happy with the purchase. I have it next to my Retro Game Challenge DS game and my Retro Game Master DVD.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
Ha, I also ordered that kit during the sale, and a really nice quality (and big) GCCX tote. I haven't tried putting the kit together yet, though.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

:five:

locationscouts
Aug 23, 2023
New Release: Game Center CX #336 - Ico [LocationScouts]

quote:

Game Center CX #336 - The season finale! Ico, more like “let’s go”! | Season 25 Episode 20 | PlayStation 2 | Sony Computer Entertainment | 2001

Original airdate: March 24, 2022

Translation: Squeaky
Proofreading: Kakaricho, Skye, Specter, Tokidoki Memorial
Typesetting: Skye, Specter, witchymary
Timing: Ephemeral, Specter, Skye
Video Encoding: Skye
Special thanks & Shoutouts: GooseCanyon, GCCX General Pastebin, vaildusername16, zari-gani, Random Stranger

☝︎♋︎❍︎♏︎ 👍︎♏︎■︎⧫︎♏︎❒︎ 👍︎⌧︎✏︎ 😐︎♋︎♍︎♒︎□︎ ⚐︎■︎✏︎

LocationScouts is currently looking for people interested in translating, timing, or typesetting episodes of Game Center CX. For translators, a level of skill analogous to JLPT N2 or JLPT N1 is expected. If you’re interested, please send us an email at locationscoutsgccx@gmail.com. Please keep in mind that LocationScouts is and always will be a free passion project. We don’t want any money from you but we also won’t be able to pay you for your services.

Reddit

Torrent:
https://nyaa.si/view/1750933

Magnet:
code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:cc6b2f28eb591f1126f819e043a2871411194a59&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20%23336%20-%20Ico%20%5BLocationScouts%5D&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce
Twitter:
https://x.com/LSKachoSubs/status/1731264965003137369

locationscouts fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 4, 2023

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Once again a big SPOILER warning because the episode has a list of which games Arino has beaten on this season, and if you're like me and rather didn't find out, it's around 1:30 and 1:40 is safe.

Thanks for the translation though.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thank you for the new release! Never played Ico, looks fairly pretty for its time but the gameplay and story seemed kind of meh for my tastes. What's with the ending anyways?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Major Helper posted:

Thank you for the new release! Never played Ico, looks fairly pretty for its time but the gameplay and story seemed kind of meh for my tastes. What's with the ending anyways?

Every game Fumito Ueda has directed has been like that. Don't think too hard on it, the lore is purposefully vague and unclear.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

I saw a screenshot of Ico in EGM and decided I had to buy a PS2 just to play it. There was really nothing else trying to pull of that kind of look at the time.

I remember after playing it I did a master copy of Giorgio De Chirico's "Mystery and melancholy of a street" for an art class because it gave me the same kind of desolate, but strangely beautiful, vibes of Ico.

and then a little while later I saw what they used for the JP box art (Ico was released in the US before Japan)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

They used that in PAL territories as well.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

https://x.com/LSKachoSubs/status/1738504369618788769?s=20

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Nyaa is down, anyone have the magnet?

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:85e44dfbeace102a96afa4832d55fefc24d424d4&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20%23351%20-%20Gremlins%202%3A%20The%20New%20Batch%20%5BLocationScouts%5D&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce

locationscouts
Aug 23, 2023
For those of you that remember my post a little while back linking individual torrents for GC and LS releases, crmb has posted: an updated mega pack for the end of 2023.

You can find it here: https://nyaa.si/view/1759534

For anyone coming new to the community, or back after a long period of not following new releases, this will probably be the easiest way to get caught up.

There's also the newly-released TOY sub of the Movie. This was too late to be included in the megapack torrent. Oft-requested by those who don't know any better, if you want to check that one out for the moment you'll have to get it via mediafire as shared on this reddit post.

quote:

Forgive the rar file and Mediafire hosting - I don't have membership on any torrent sites so I'll have to wait to get it straightened out. Password for the rar is kacho.
This is a gift to the GCCX fan community from myself and Geopolitickz.

Believe it or not, GameCenter CX was THE movie that inspired my quest to find a subtitler for Japanese media and start fansubbing. Once I had my team, I imported the Blu-ray earlier this year and got the movie ready for release. I wanted to make it the best X-Mas gift for 2023.

These are human translated subtitles of a very high quality! No machine-translations.

We've all been waiting for subtitles of this movie for ages. I hope you enjoy finally being able to see this movie.

How far we have come, and how great GameCenter CX is for STILL inspiring fan-subtitling! This group of fans is the perfect example of how free information sharing works and how most things should be.

Once again, Enjoy and KACHO... ON!

TOY

quote:

2023-12 torrent
A collection of English subbed episodes of GameCenter CX. I will make new updated torrent once there is enough new episodes.
Special episodes (SP, Live, New Year) are located in Seasons directories. It makes it more convenient to watch everything in chronological order.
Thanks to all persons involved in the subbed episodes, incl. TV-Nihon, SA, Clover, LC, VR, GC, LS… and also GCCXGeneral’s pastebin

Changes :
Following a request, i renamed the regular episodes using the following naming scheme : "GameCenter CX SxxExx #xxx - "
Let me know if you like it or not.

added/updated since previous (2021-02) torrent :
NC 11 - Excitebike 3D - was missing
S19E09 #205 - Mole Mania [GooseCanyon]
S21E13 #249 - Photo Boy [GooseCanyon]
S25E01 #317 - The Legend of Zelda (1) [GooseCanyon]
S25E02 #318 - The Legend of Zelda (2) [GooseCanyon]
S13E02 #102 - Super Puyo Puyo (v2) [Skye] upgraded quality and subs
NC 1 - Mega Man 9 (charliechip95 & GooseCanyon) upgraded quality
S23E01 #277 - Pac-Land [GooseCanyon]
DVD Challenge 11 - Castlevania [GooseCanyon]
S23E18 #294 - Avenging Spirit [GooseCanyon]
DVD Challenge 6 - Yie Ar Kung-Fu [GooseCanyon]
S23E20 #296 - Joy Mech Fight [GooseCanyon]
S25E03 #319 - Dragon’s Lair [GooseCanyon]
S25E09 #325 - THE Earth Defense Force [GooseCanyon]
S25E13 #329 - Super Monkey Ball [GooseCanyon]
S25E16 #332 - Space Harrier [GooseCanyon]
S25E19 #335 - Batman [GooseCanyon]
NC 16 - Kirby’s Dream Collection New Challenge Stages [GooseCanyon]
DVD Challenge 8 - City Connection [XerdoSpecter]
Red Edition Blu-Ray Bonus Challenge - The Mystery of Atlantis Revenge Challenge [TokidokiSpecter]
S25 #327 - Getsu Fuma Den [GooseCanyon]
Green Edition Blu-Ray Bonus Challenge - Ghosts 'n Goblins Revenge Challenge [LocationScouts]
S23E13 #279 - Demon’s Crest [GooseCanyon]
Mega Drive Special DVD Bonus Challenge - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 [LocationScouts]
DVD Challenge 3 - TwinBee [LocationScouts]
S23E21 #287 - World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck [LocationScouts]
S25E04 #320 - Elemental Shaolin Fist [GooseCanyon]
S24E06 #302 - Chack’n Pop [LocationScouts]
DVD Challenge 9 - Spelunker [LocationScouts]
S22E13 #269 - Super Bomberman [LocationScouts]
S22E15 #271 - Rolling Thunder [LocationScouts]
S23E05 #281 - Klonoa Door to Phantomile [LocationScouts]
S23E22 #289 - Swords, Magic, and The Legend of Valkyrie [LocationScouts]
S23E26 #293 - Valis - The Fantasm Soldier [LocationScouts]
S23E28 #295 - Quarth (AKA Block Hole) [LocationScouts]
S23E15 #311 - Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon [LocationScouts]
NC03 - Star Force [v2] [Skye] upgraded quality and subs
S25E10 #326 - Tokyo Bus Guide: Starting Today, You’re the Driver [LocationScouts]
S25E06 #342 - Clock Tower II: The Struggle Within (AKA Clock Tower: Ghost Head) [LocationScouts]
S26E16 #352 - Night Trap [LocationScouts]
S25E20 #336 - Ico [LocationScouts]
S26E15 #351 - Gremlins 2: The New Batch [LocationScouts]

locationscouts fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 26, 2023

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Thank you for the new release! The game looked pretty fun, shame about the chicken though.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

From the TwinBee DVD Challenge.

Slightly NWS

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

https://x.com/LSKachoSubs/status/1746554591901016353?s=20

quote:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:b51e5e72f56cb81855ee81c4a22dabd8c6942960&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20%23337%20-%20Mega%20Man%205%20%28Part%201%29%20%5BLocationScouts%5D.mkv&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

locationscouts posted:

For those of you that remember my post a little while back linking individual torrents for GC and LS releases, crmb has posted: an updated mega pack for the end of 2023.

You can find it here: https://nyaa.si/view/1759534

For anyone coming new to the community, or back after a long period of not following new releases, this will probably be the easiest way to get caught up.

There's also the newly-released TOY sub of the Movie. This was too late to be included in the megapack torrent. Oft-requested by those who don't know any better, if you want to check that one out for the moment you'll have to get it via mediafire as shared on this reddit post.

I've been getting back into GCCX after several years. Will plex handle this torrent naming convention or do I manually have to rename every episode? My current stuff is all in an uncategorized "other videos" folder.

Only one way to find out I guess. Thanks for the link, I'm missing a ton of these!

Substandard fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 17, 2024

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake

Substandard posted:

I've been getting back into GCCX after several years. Will plex handle this torrent naming convention or do I manually have to rename every episode? My current stuff is all in an uncategorized "other videos" folder.

Only one way to find out I guess. Thanks for the link, I'm missing a ton of these!

My experience is that it will work until it doesn't. Eventually it is going to confuse one piece of content with another. Especially since they occasionally repeat games that were done in specials, or some games have similar names.

If you can at least throw all the GameCenter episodes into their own folder it will help from getting confused with non-GC content.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Substandard posted:

I had to rename all of mine at some point with the S##E## format, but you might want to try messing around with different databases (in the Plex settings) before getting to that point.

For what it’s worth, using TVDB (the default for Plex), you’ll want the folder to be called “GameCenter CX” not “Game Center CX”. That tripped me up for a good while.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Tempura Wizard posted:

I had to rename all of mine at some point with the S##E## format, but you might want to try messing around with different databases (in the Plex settings) before getting to that point.

For what it’s worth, using TVDB (the default for Plex), you’ll want the folder to be called “GameCenter CX” not “Game Center CX”. That tripped me up for a good while.
Can you give a specific filename example? I wouldn't mind getting this going also.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I would recommend getting FileBot and using it to bulk rename files. It's worked flawlessly for Plex for me, including for GameCenter CX, and has for years.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

RE: Plex Chat, for the regular seasonal episodes I name my files like this:

Game Center CX - 27x01 - Seiken Densetsu Final Fantasy Gaiden (1)

For the Specials, I do it like this:

Game Center CX - S00E102 - DVD-BOX15 Challenge - Resident Evil 2 - Leon Edition

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Substandard posted:

This specific torrent uses the SXXEXX convention for the season episodes so those should work.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
i think this time it was formatted specifically to work with plex

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I remember somebody uploading all the episodes on Mega and that was the best thing ever. Can anyone do that again?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I still just watch my Retro Game Master DVDs you thieves! ...Thanks for the new torrent though it is awesome.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Jubs posted:

I remember somebody uploading all the episodes on Mega and that was the best thing ever. Can anyone do that again?

I think that was me. I've been meaning to do another upload with all of the latest translated and untranslated episodes + specials.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

I went ahead and re-uploaded my collection to Mega.

https://mega.nz/#P!AgDa3lQQAtnjIUlm5FgKF71JDkEEzUSCrmvwWPoiv2JS8m2qxgtc3bWgIGzOElgEHRbMIcI6c0VbeDauyG-8g7GT7kV4ncTFuLoIKpKT1R5WKfviIYqY0Q

PW: Fj02147-&fd8

I might be missing a couple of the specials, and some will need to have their metadata manually edited, but this is more or less the complete collection of episodes (translated and untranslated) named in the appropriate Plex format. Enjoy!

joem83 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 19, 2024

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

fenix down posted:

Can you give a specific filename example? I wouldn't mind getting this going also.

To use the most recent release as an example,

{Plex Directory}/TV/GameCenter CX/Season 26/Game Center CX - S26E01 - 337 - Mega Man 5 (Part 1).mkv

Near as I can tell, it can be named whatever so long as it’s inside the correct directories and contains the string “S26E01”.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

joem83 posted:

I went ahead and re-uploaded my collection to Mega.

https://mega.nz/#P!AgDa3lQQAtnjIUlm5FgKF71JDkEEzUSCrmvwWPoiv2JS8m2qxgtc3bWgIGzOElgEHRbMIcI6c0VbeDauyG-8g7GT7kV4ncTFuLoIKpKT1R5WKfviIYqY0Q

PW: Fj02147-&fd8

I might be missing a couple of the specials, and some will need to have their metadata manually edited, but this is more or less the complete collection of episodes (translated and untranslated) named in the appropriate Plex format. Enjoy!

You are a God! Thank you so much!

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
After some investigation, the most recent torrent MOSTLY works with plex. The specials all need to be renamed in the plex S00EXX format.

The bigger problem for plex is that there are some episodes where the segments and the challenge are split into different files with the same episode numbers. I haven't tacked those, but I assume you can get them to work with SXXEXX - part1 and SXXEXX - part2 for Plex?

There are not a ton of these though, and it mostly just works without too much renaming.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Substandard posted:

After some investigation, the most recent torrent MOSTLY works with plex. The specials all need to be renamed in the plex S00EXX format.

The bigger problem for plex is that there are some episodes where the segments and the challenge are split into different files with the same episode numbers. I haven't tacked those, but I assume you can get them to work with SXXEXX - part1 and SXXEXX - part2 for Plex?

There are not a ton of these though, and it mostly just works without too much renaming.

It’s possible, yes, but may some limitations. The documentation under “Episodes Split Across Multiple Files” should help.

https://support.plex.tv/articles/naming-and-organizing-your-tv-show-files/

The alternative is also joining them in a video editor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Substandard posted:

i do SxxExx - CD1 and then the same - CD2 and it works for i think everything