Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Cool beans. Also! Since I'm watching the live Mario Maker event now: in which episode does Arino get the whiskey? I remember him getting it despite not finishing the level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Thank you much!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

So apparently the Musee Mechanique, as seen in the Game Center CX USA episode, nearly burnt down today.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Jakespeare posted:

That sucks. Hopefully the damage to the place was minimal and the owner skated to safety

To my knowledge, it's fine; the fire was stopped before it reached them. I found out while watching the US episode, though, which was a bit creepy.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I broke my foot a few months ago and had to move in with my folks while I healed. I'm ready to move back into my place soon, knock on particle board, but the GCCX stream has been great because, if nothing else, it's in Japanese - so I don't have to worry about a streamer dropping an f-bomb while my little sister walks past. Or worse, my dad.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

More than once, during Arino's arcade trips, he's played a game about unifying Japan that uses a light-up board for the provinces and has two spinning reels that you have to stop to make your move (one being a number of spaces, the other being a character that modifies that number). Does anyone know what that game is called, or at the very least an episode it appeared in?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Kakaricho posted:

I can't remember an episode he plays it in offhand, but you're referring to Kuni Tori Gassen (国盗り合戦), right?

That's the one! Thank you much! And I'm sorry for your wife's loss.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I'm not sure how I feel about GCCX continuing during the pandemic. My favorite bits of the show are pretty much everything but the bits where he's just sitting there, working on beating a game; if he can't safely interact with staff or go to a game corner, I kinda want him to do something else with his life.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

But that's his job and if he wants to do it, he should?

I'm not saying he can't, or even that he shouldn't. What I am saying is that he shouldn't risk his health for my entertainment, and if doing that means getting rid of the parts of the show I like, I, personally, would rather it go on a hiatus for a bit. We'll see how things actually turn out.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I'm watching it right now, but... was 'big-boned game' a joke about Athena having a bit of chub, and if so, was it in the original or on the part of the translator?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Just came over here from Cardfrek's stream to ask: what's the song that plays a bunch while Emoto's challenging the game? Sounds vaguely Indian.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

He'd have to have Maria bail him out of the prologue fight. Then he'd die before hitting the first save point. At least once. :v:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

Torrent site down for anyone else?

It's working for me, but the magnet link should work even if you can't get to the site directly: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:533d02aac80eda1113d518d19916c4633aa9e48e

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

If you can't access nyaa.si directly, you can use the magnet link: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9be78e3a8978133554a2a80e4de1977a0124f665

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Does the first EDF have an EDF song?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Humongous Pear posted:

A new GCCX translation has dropped: 296, Joy Mech Fight.

https://twitter.com/CanyonGoose/status/1488760427941036032?s=20

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9c1d499a9723a07b91fc1f1a6b4382848f74d55f&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20296%20-%20Joy%20Mech%20Fight%20%5BGooseCanyon%5D&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

And here's the magnet:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d83bbfd9bd7921744495b00a71da90884da7575a&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20%23329%20-%20Super%20Monkey%20Ball%20%5BEphemeralSpecter%5D.mkv&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I don't use Discord much, so I wound up unsubscribing to the Discord servers of the various people streaming GCCX on Twitch. Now that those Twitch channels have been whack-a-moled, anybody know if there's an active Discord server for the show I could use to find new streams as they appear?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:004a6a4ef6c83a9fd245b26112a328e3182e3cfd&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20335%20-%20Batman%20%5BGooseCanyon%5D&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3A451%2Fannounce

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

The King's comment at the start of the episode is translated, "Last name: Getsu. First name: Fuma." But isn't that the normal reading order for names in Japanese? Why did he say that?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

What was the meaning of the comments about Kibe, like calling Flier his natural enemy?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Caught a bit of editing trickery on the part of the studio: at about the 26:30 mark, they show Arino dying, then the game over screen, but there's a quick flash that shows he actually had two lives left over at that point. Presumably his next two deaths weren't as photogenic.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Rochallor posted:

Random question regarding previous episodes, does anybody remember which episode it was where...

...they had to put in a password and despite going back to the footage and inputting the password, it didn't work?

TheMcD posted:

Paris-Dakar Rally Special. I distinctly remember that.

Wow, I was just thinking earlier today about asking about which episode that was. Weird. Eerie. (What was the issue there, anyway? Mistaking two similar characters?)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Is anyone else having an issue of not seeing any seeds for this torrent?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Yeah, the issue was on my end. After some Googling and checking the logs, I realized it's a problem I've encountered before: for some reason, qBittorrent occasionally forgets how to connect to my VPN, and I have to change the network interface from ProtonVPN to ProtonVPN. It's downloading now.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

I had a bit of deja vu when Arino got to the really tight corner near the end of the second route he played. Was there a driving game or something that he played that put him in a similar situation? I don't think I've seen this unsubbed...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Wow, Major Havoc! That was such a bizarre game, with tons of hidden depth. It was never my favorite, but I dropped more than a few quarters into it back in the day (yo). I'm impressed they're going to be covering it!