Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Just posting to say keep up the great work, these translations got me hooked on the show and I just tried out the localized game and fell in love with it. You fellas are awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

take_it_slow posted:

Can anyone provide an alternative method to download the kato & Ken episode, like a multiupload link?

It's already on Youtube unless you just want a digital copy of the episode. Then you're outta luck until someone graciously uploads it.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

TIME OBA :(

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

My Mexican buddy has been wondering if there's anyway for him to order a GCCX shirt (any of them) without having to sell his second kidney to the black market to afford one. Got any advice?

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I think something like Super Monkey Adventures would be more akin to Action 52 rather than the first TMNT game, which isn't totally awful.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I'm absolutely dumbfounded that Arino managed to enjoy Battletoads through the entirety of it. Though the Japanese version looks not as sadistic as the one I know and hate, especially Terra Tubes because gently caress that level.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I love the interview segments because I always learn something new. I never would've known that the man behind Son Son and 1942 was also the one behind loving Genji.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

drat Amazon Canada ships fast. Shipped it yesterday and I just got the DVD today. So excited to pop this sucker into my DVD player and watch Arino get thrashed by Ninja Gaiden.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Just finished the DVD set and I think it was worth every penny I spent on it and more. Ending the set with Ninja Gaiden II tied it all up perfectly.

About the Shiren challenge, while it was frustrating to watch Arino charge blindly at ranged enemies and not abuse the melee-based creeps AI when low on HP, I wouldn't say it's the worst episode of GCCX - hell, not even the worst of the DVD set (I personally disliked Super Fantasy Zone).

I might give the set a rewatch with the English narration sometime later and see if it's as bad as the majority have hyped it up to be.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Bocc Kob posted:

He challenged Golden Axe. It sucked. :(

I must be weird because the Golden Axe challenge was my favourite of the DVD set. Maybe it's because of Arino defeating Death Bringer being a very cathartic moment for me. Seriously, gently caress that boss.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

You forgot Clover's sub of Ghouls 'n Ghosts :smug:

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I remember having one of those but it never worked with anything that wasn't the stock cards. Loved the poo poo out of it when I was a kid, though.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Oh god, watching Arino suck at Kirby Super Star is pure agony for me. It's really frustrating to watch him not get things like avoiding the the giant charging gently caress-off laser or not getting that he has to attack an enemy's giant glowing red weakpoint.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

It definitely isn't Phantasy Star. As someone who has beaten that, I know it just would be an absolute bore of a challenge. And even with a guide handy, I suspect it'd be way too long to beat in the usual taping.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

PaRappa was in English in Japan, right? There's bound to be oodles of comedy potential out of Arino attempting to make sense of the plot, songs, characters - hell, the entire game.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Tossing my vote to DKC.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Speaking of influences to Resident Evil like Sweet Home, I'd love to see Arino challenge any of the games from the Alone in the Dark trilogy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Why are you guys still replying to him? This is one long cycle of loving asinine assumptions and people bitching at him, repeat ad nauseam. If he still hasn't loving got the picture by now then maybe he's just doing this to get a rise out of the thread and nothing else.