Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammond Edgar
Apr 24, 2008

doctorfrog posted:

Wait a sec: Arino eventually plays his own Game Center CX game? Which episode is this? Is there a download?

(I bought the DS game about a year ago and got nearly to the end. What an awesome game that is, and gently caress the market trends that don't allow the translated sequel to hit American shores.)
He played it for a bit in the Quest of Ki episode that was just posted. He plays a bit of Guadia Quest and Haggleman 3.

He also plays it as a full-on challenge in a bonus DVD that came with the initial release of the second game. Random Stranger posted a link to an untranslated version in the third post of the thread.

http://www.multiupload.com/W7VQ9SXWS9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammond Edgar
Apr 24, 2008

Silly Voodoo posted:

Wait, what? I never heard of this before, do you mind explaining?

e: wait, the "ribbon" isn't supposed to be a bikini top, is it? :psyduck:

I think he meant necklace. In the Japanese version, Link helps a mermaid find her lost bikini top. This got changed into a necklace in English versions.

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Mermaid%27s_Necklace

Hammond Edgar
Apr 24, 2008
I am the nut that likes the Xevious Diary segment. Sure it's pretty pointless, but I like that it's the only segment without any spoken narration or dialogue. It's like a little Xevious musical interlude, short and inoffensive. Stuff like Barcode Battler and the Strategy Guide segments can drag and the payoff is rarely worth it.

Hammond Edgar
Apr 24, 2008

AzraelDarkheart posted:

In other news, can someone tell me how to get rid of this stupid avatar/avatar text? Do I seriously have to pay to get it off, or can I just have it reset to nothing?

Yes, you'll have to buy yourself a new avatar to get rid of it. Alternatively, you can disable avatars in your user control panel options. It'll still be there, you just won't have to see it (or anyone else's avatar for that matter) anymore.

Hammond Edgar
Apr 24, 2008

Time_pants posted:

I'd be really interested in a brief synopsis if anyone were inclined to post one.
Quoting from Kotaku

quote:

The story of Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special, is uncharacteristically dark. You start as a rookie working your way to the World Championship. Along the way, however, tragedy repeatedly strikes with a string of defeats, the murder of your coach, and the accidental death of one of your closest friends in the ring—at your own hands, no less. And after all that, just before your championship match not only does your girlfriend leave you, but also the defending World Champion Ric Flair (called "Dick Slender" for copyright purposes) straight up murders your tag-team partner in the middle of the ring—and informs you he killed your coach, too.

The game ends after your match with Flair. As the new World Champion, you stand alone in the ring, having lost everyone you ever cared about. Surrounded by cheering fans and having attained your dream at last, you wonder if it was really worth it.

Three days later, you shoot yourself in the head.

Here's a clip of the ending sequence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9jau3MfwS8

EDIT: found a better synopsis.

Hammond Edgar fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 3, 2013